LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

New Intermidiate Steering Shaft - Being Installed

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Intermidiate Steering Shaft - Being Installed

I am at the GM dealer right now getting a new ISS installed. Dealer told my extended warranty company that it was "broken" because apparently they will not pay to fix it if it is just an annoyance.

I have about a 30 minute drive home so we shall see if it is fixed. Dealer said this was a HUGE problem.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 18purdue69
I am at the GM dealer right now getting a new ISS installed. Dealer told my extended warranty company that it was "broken" because apparently they will not pay to fix it if it is just an annoyance.

I have about a 30 minute drive home so we shall see if it is fixed. Dealer said this was a HUGE problem.
I hate aftermarket warranties. They look for any reason to screw you and you have little recourse. At least with a factory extended warranty, you can often bitch up the chain with good results.

Cool that the dealer is playing ball, though I would argue that an extremely loose ISS is a safety issue.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My issue is resolved!! The new shaft fixed it. Hopefully it will hold up.

This dealer had these in stock because it was such a common issue. The total cost would of been $186 parts and labor. I did have to pay my $100 deductible but it was worth it.

Completed in about an hour. Very happy!