LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Dynomax VT Mufflers

Old 12-17-2011, 01:18 PM
RKO
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynomax VT Mufflers

My mufflers are starting to rot out so I'm researching mufflers to put on my car. This is a family car so i do not want anything loud. Has any one tried the Dynomax VT mufflers? I like the idea of the valve inside. It looks like it would help with any helicopter sounds when dod is on. Also it looks like it would keep the sound level tame at idle or low speeds. I am just looking for something that will keep thing a nice decent rumble at idle but when i step on it, i get the sound i want out of an 8.
http://www.jegs.com/p/Dynomax/Dynoma...16158/10002/-1
Thanks
Old 12-19-2011, 09:45 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RKO
My mufflers are starting to rot out so I'm researching mufflers to put on my car. This is a family car so i do not want anything loud. Has any one tried the Dynomax VT mufflers? I like the idea of the valve inside. It looks like it would help with any helicopter sounds when dod is on. Also it looks like it would keep the sound level tame at idle or low speeds. I am just looking for something that will keep thing a nice decent rumble at idle but when i step on it, i get the sound i want out of an 8.
http://www.jegs.com/p/Dynomax/Dynoma...16158/10002/-1
Thanks
So this muffler does a great job of being quiet around town and just cruising on the highway, but sounds awesome when you get on it. I drove our 2010 Camaro with an AXLE back system and the could hear the stereo across country this summer. We have had on some of our test vehicles prototypes this muffler for over 60,000 miles no problems.

Also we offer a 90 day Sound/Performance guarantee if you aren't happy return it for a refund.

Also lifetime warranty on it, save your receipt though.
Good luck on your choice.
http://dynomax.com/safeandsound.php
Old 12-19-2011, 02:14 PM
Launching!

i just had dynomax VT mufflers installed on my GXP
Old 12-19-2011, 07:54 PM
Staging Lane

Talking

Originally Posted by spydog
i just had dynomax VT mufflers installed on my GXP
You know everyone is going to want video. In that video idle, WOT, 0-60 and 60 to 0. They are going to want a walk around too.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:43 PM
Launching!

i can take a video with my cell phone but how do i upload it to the sight?
i like the sound of it but with the dynomax VT mufflers i also plan to remove my resinator and install an e-cutout soon
Old 12-19-2011, 11:13 PM
Launching!

RKO i payed $133 for 2 dynomax VT mufflers shiped to my house
Old 12-20-2011, 09:10 AM
Staging Lane

Talking

i can take a video with my cell phone but how do i upload it to the sight?
i like the sound of it but with the dynomax VT mufflers i also plan to remove my resinator and install an e-cutout soon
A lot of people set up a Photobucket account or post it to YouTube, nut you don't need to, I was joking ( I get a lot of requests for a video, and a video NEVER does any system good IMO). With a cut out, that is going to sound great!

RKO i payed $133 for 2 dynomax VT mufflers shiped to my house
Now that is smoking!
Old 12-20-2011, 12:04 PM
Launching!

i got my dynomax vt mufflers at advanced auto.com i used a promo code i had to save $50 and get free shiping

the mufflers are alot quieter than i thought they would be but i am use to driveing cars straight piped i have a 1998 GMC K3500 crew cab dually with a 7.4 V8 it sounds mean with true duals and no mufflers so i want to make the gxp street able so i will keep the vt mufflers and add a e cut out and remove the resinator this way ki can be quiet and lout when ever i want
Old 12-20-2011, 01:47 PM
RKO
Staging Lane

Did you notice if the mufflers are long enough so the old ones can just be cut off and the new ones put in place? I haven't crawled under my car to measure if I will need to add any pipe to compensate for a shorter length. I think the old muffler is 16 inches body length. I also plan on using my stock tail pipes and tips. $133 is a sweet deal! I think I'm still going to go with Jegs because they are giving two free band clamps with each muffler. I love band clamps and I plan on using those on my install. Since they cost about $10 a piece, that will work out to about the same deal. Also, rather than welding hangers to the muffler itself, I can connect some stainless round bar to the bolt of the band clamp for a hanger.

Post up some video to youtube!
Old 12-20-2011, 05:27 PM
Launching!

the VT muffler fit right in place of the stock muffler i beleve its a 2.5 od i used the stock tips and welded everything solid i dont like useing clamps i like everything welded but thats me the vt is a 16 inches body length and i welded a hanger to the vt and hooked it in the factory hanger if someone can tell me how to post pics/vids off of my android phone i will

Originally Posted by RKO
Did you notice if the mufflers are long enough so the old ones can just be cut off and the new ones put in place? I haven't crawled under my car to measure if I will need to add any pipe to compensate for a shorter length. I think the old muffler is 16 inches body length. I also plan on using my stock tail pipes and tips. $133 is a sweet deal! I think I'm still going to go with Jegs because they are giving two free band clamps with each muffler. I love band clamps and I plan on using those on my install. Since they cost about $10 a piece, that will work out to about the same deal. Also, rather than welding hangers to the muffler itself, I can connect some stainless round bar to the bolt of the band clamp for a hanger.

Post up some video to youtube!
Old 12-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Launching!

i take that back i think the VT was 19 over all and 16 for just body
Old 01-16-2012, 06:40 PM
Launching!

I'm trying to buy these mufflers but don't know which ones to get. I'm confused on the sizes and diameters. Can anyone help please? Also a part number would be real great. Note that I have an 06 Impala SS.

Much Appreciated.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:58 AM
RKO
Staging Lane

My car is an 06 Impala SS. I went ahead and bought the mufflers, haven't installed them yet. I bought offset in, center out, 2.25 inch diameter. Online parts catalogs I looked at all say 2.25 for the 06 Impala SS. I also went as far as to wrap a piece of welding wire around the pipe, measured it to be about 7.25 inches therefore 7.25 / 3.1415 = 2.3 .
Old 01-17-2012, 03:07 PM
Launching!

if someone would tell me how to upload pictires from my android phone i have pics and vids of my dynomax VT mufflers
Old 01-17-2012, 03:29 PM
Launching!

get a photobucket account and their android app, upload them to photobucket, and then you can post the links to the pics and video's here
Old 01-17-2012, 05:14 PM
Staging Lane

if someone would tell me how to upload pictires from my android phone i have pics and vids of my dynomax VT mufflers
PM incoming, if you want I can host them on our photo bucket account.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:30 PM
Launching!

Appreciate it RKO!
Spydog, Just go to imgur.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:57 AM
Launching!

Just ordered mine! Will post video once they get here.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dynomax VT Mufflers