LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Flowmaster inlet size

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 09:42 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flowmaster inlet size

I'm planning on a pair of Flowmaster Super 44's to replace the failing stock mufflers on my wife's GXP, just cutting the mufflers off and reusing the pipe. What inlet size should I be after to fit on the stock exhaust Y pipe? 2 1/4 or 2 1/2?
Old 02-18-2012, 03:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IIRC I used the 2.25 ones, but I wouldn't do the 44s again to be honest, Witt the rest of the exhaust stock the sound is too deep...I head some 40s on a GXP with an otherwise stock exhaust and they sound great...beware of the sound of the DOD going in and out with a loud exhaust too it gets annoying
Old 02-19-2012, 07:39 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize that there was a sound difference between 40's and 44's. Good to know. Anyone here try the 50 series?

The stock mufflers are getting louder quickly now. To be honest I like the sound of the car right now but it won't be long until they sound like exactly what they are...rotted out mufflers.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:10 AM
Launching!

the DoD is so annoying with an exhaust...especially a 3" into dual 3" with 3 schoenfeld 6" long race mufflers. I want to punch babies every time it kicks back to V4 mode.

The classic 40's sound good on a wide range of cars...i'm not so sure a GXP with stock size exhaust is one of them cause i went right from stock to basically a full 3" offroad system with no trials in between. The 50 series should be more mellow than 40 and a bit quieter too.