LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Increasing displacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 08:23 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont see an LS4 making 500 NA whp, period. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I just dont see it happening.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm , i always figured the ct turbo kit would be easier , it is essentially a bolton , the problem is you have to cough up alot of dough up front. If i do go that route i would wanna do an ls6intake manifold first , ive been keeping my eyes open but i havent seen any yet.

Last edited by Sadden; 02-24-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ill_Born_ss
All the LS cranks have the same size journals and are internal length the same. The shorter part of the crank you refer to can be machined off of any of them for use in our block (xx.0 off the snout and xx.0 off the tail) reluctor wheels are changeable and the flexplates can be changed to match to accomadate the bolt pattern as in 6,8 or 9 bolt pattern.
That's good to know that other cranks can be machined for LS4 duty. I've not heard of anyone doing this, and I wonder why. I had always heard that our shorty crank was basically "it" for our motors, but I guess anything can be machined by a skilled shop and with the right amount of $$$.

Originally Posted by 94ss06gxp
I also dont see you making 500 on a ls6 intake also

Originally Posted by crazyjoe
I dont see an LS4 making 500 NA whp, period. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I just dont see it happening.
It's definitely possible, especially in light of Ill_Born's info above. It just wouldn't be very streetable, as the power band would seriously move upstairs. You probably wouldn't want to drive it daily, though.