LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Picked up the replacement to my GXP

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 09:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1 Racing
You certainly upgraded yourself, Levi!

The GT is SOOO much nicer than the base G8, it's like they're two different cars. My wife and I looked at the V6 car before we bought the Impala, but for the money they wanted, it looked and felt cheap inside, and the 3.6 was weak in such a heavy car.

If we could have budgeted for a GT at the time, I know we would have been happy with THAT!

Anyway, congrats!
Yeah its an upgrade for sure, especially since the past few weeks I was driving a 99 park ave

I looked into the V6 models but the mpg's are nearly the same along with price in my area.

Now I am contemplating selling my camaro and getting a maggie. . . .
Old 03-15-2012, 11:05 PM
TECH Regular

I have to say, this G8 is very nice. I went for a ride in it today as Levi and I live fairly close and it pulls HARD. It was obvious the previous owner took great care of the car, as it's very clean as well.

Beyond the car, I can see why so many people are going with G8s. They seem to be what the LS4 platform was always destine to be. RWD and a sedan.

The fit and finish is on a whole other level, the power is very linear, and the looks are timeless. Lets just say this kid will have one a few years down the line.

Until then, I will enjoy every minute with my LS4 though, as it is a great car as well!

Levi, I did go to the carwash and clean the car on the way home!
Old 04-03-2012, 09:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

wow nice!
Old 04-04-2012, 07:55 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Z28 Autobot
wow nice!
Thanks!

For any of you who wondered, this is what I am getting for MPG's. Keep in mine my mods and DoD is gone.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:11 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 94ss06gxp
Thanks!
I think this is a cool picture, as well as the one in your sig. I traded in my '02 Monte SS for an '08 Liquid Red G8 GT, and parked along side my Red Jewel Tintcoat Grand Prix GXP, I think they look pretty good together. I think it's going to be a while before I find something that strikes me the same as Pontiac styling. Just my two cents.