LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Painted headlights

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 09:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Painted headlights

I've been thinking about this for some time now. My original plan was to use vinyl but if it looked like crap I'd be out a lil $$$ for nothing. So I decided to use plastidip to see how it looked. If good plan was to paint them, if not just remove the plastidip. So I did one light last night but it was a bit dark to get good pics. So I snapped these with my phone this morning, I'll try to get some better ones today. So what do you guys think? Roll with it or ditch the idea?dumany how many people have done this, I know I've seen it somewhere before.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

i think it would look good if you could get the whole turn signal covered, and obviously painted body color.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

There's no way to cover the amber reflectors. If I was a few inch back you can't see any of it but a few inches forward you see the whole thing. The only way around that is taking the housings apart. And the color was something I forgot to add. Black vs silver, what would look better?
Old 03-22-2012, 01:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think that looks pretty sexy. If you could get rid of the rest of the turn signal then more power to you! But definitely stick with black IMO. I like having two tone themes.