LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Sad day last year GXP repoed, new toy, new rider, and measurespeed calculator

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 12:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by V8ImpSS
Yea the new rebadged G8 should be out soon. I hope it's a Chevelle!

But economist here and the "recession" was 100% caused by the banks. Mostly with mortgages. I watched it blow up from the 1st Q of '07 and their wasn't a damn thing to do about it and sure enough by 4th Q '07 we were screwed. Most of the loan officers WERE people who had never seen the housing market fall in their life time, drastically at least, so they figured it would never happen. Thus they gave out loans that weren't actually backed up by an asset worth as much as the liability which is banks balance themselves. Total assets must equal total liability to be efficient and not go bankrupt. So when they were forced to foreclose on a property they couldnt get their money back on again and again, it blew up. This caused no new money to be pumped into the GDP which scares the hell out of people quickly. (for ex: a $10k demand deposit can add up to $90k to the GDP because the money is loaned and spent a few times over before the loans original amount is as close to 0 as possible)

People, especially in this country, can't be trusted to be fiscally responsible and live within their means. Everyone wants what they can't have it's human nature. It's the banks that are supposed to say no, you can't buy that house based on you income and net worth it's just not feasible. But when those young loan officers saw profit to be had they jumped. Common misconception is that banks like to foreclose, they hate it thayd way rather get the profit from the interest and be done with you. Banks are for profit after all, and what company doesnt like to work less and make more?

People also hold way to much credit card debt. Which is the stupidest ******* thing anyone can do and it makes me terribly angry. I mean do you really want to pay 18-22% interest? That's obnoxious, if you need to hold credit card dept you need to collateralize the card and get it down to a still insane 5% at least! Or just do like they did back in the day before instant loans (credit cards) and go without luxuries if you've got bills to pay and mouths to feed! I've been there!

As for the OP you got a raw deal for sure man, but it's still no excuse to loose a job and not be able to find a new one. You could have bought a $200 Honda civic POS on craigslist, or had the insurance rent you a car right after the repairs started taking too long. I would have involved a lawer after 2 months then you'd be in much better shape. Or up would have pulled it out of there after 6 months no doubt in my mind. It sounds like theirs more to the story here...

As for the G8 GXP, it's a cool car, but yea they are scarse and values have heald better than the GT. find a low miles GP and have a way smaller payment, then get a hot RWD toy like the solstice GXP. I drove a SKY with an LS2 swap and that was one sweet sleeper Saturn

What tires and brakes are for sale exactly?
Insurance would not pay more than 30 days, shop paid for a while, then stopped. Jobs don't wanna hear you have a rental because you can lose it at any time, it wasn't my responsibility to pay for it. Again, simply, estimate from Allstate $11,800 56 1/2 of labor, shop had car for 11+ mths, never completed the contract after being paid = lawsuit and insurance fraud with the Attorney General's Office. Nothing more to the story. You complete the job, contract, after being paid, or I get what's called Reliance Damages (being put in a position as if a contract had never been paid), or in PA Contract Law, you can ask for 3x damages.

Quick Reply: Sad day last year GXP repoed, new toy, new rider, and measurespeed calculator