LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Battery in the trunk

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 03:07 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Battery in the trunk

decided to take the plunge. of course everything seems easy till you realize the voltage meter for the DIC system is on that negative cable that no longer connects to the battery so the harness probably will have to be extended all the way to the trunk ...smh otherwise well it was cold and i was tired today and of course damn car wouldnt start so i gotta find out why tommorow....please no flaming the battery tray are as yours probably looks like **** underneath too. i cleaned the **** out of the new ground points before installation before i did this so..thats not a problem with the car not having power probably something real simple..........anyways...pics any advice is welcome and happy veterans day to you guys..

**edit got everything working j ended up mounting that volt meter reader on another negative cable up front and it reads just fine. Eventually I will upgrade to 0 gauge from battery to fuse box or for sake of clean look I'll take a camaro as or olds aurora positive post and hook everything up all pretty.

Last edited by 91parkave; 11-12-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's the point in doing this on a car that needs as much weight on the front wheels as possible?
Old 11-12-2012, 07:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DuronClocker
What's the point in doing this on a car that needs as much weight on the front wheels as possible?
I don't get it either.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Ease of access to the battery its a bitch to get at it up front!! My opinion.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:07 PM

Before u look at weight. Understand that other variables come first suspension misalignment during launch due to flexing of rubber bushings..garbage motor mounts and the nature of front wheel drive in a daily driver setup..an optima red top won't keep ure tires from roasting
Old 11-12-2012, 12:41 PM
On The Tree

I like the idea, it would be great for a train horn kit that I want. Only thing is if you get a dead battery you would have to unlock your driver door, crawl to the trunk and pop the inside of the trunk LOL
Old 11-12-2012, 12:47 PM

Lol hell yea train horn!!! I figured out it was the 80 amp. Fuse for my amp that blew couldn't handle the amount it takes to start the vehicle

Quick Reply: Battery in the trunk