LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Guys with 3.69s

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 10:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Light load in 4th = TCC locked, so just basic ratios.

75/60 = 1.25 * 2200 = 2750RPM
80/60 = 1.33 * 2200 = 2933RPM

I really think I'd love to get the chain/sprockets for 3.69s after I get this LS2 intake installed. We rarely get over 50-55 in our day to day driving around here, and I'd like to take advantage of some of the upper-RPM power I should have with the intake.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

75-80 mph is about 2500. Sometimes, I drive in 3rd gear on the highway.

I haven't driven a lot of miles with my new heads, so I bet I can get 26 if I take it easy. I am still using the stock converter. It stalls around 3000 rpm. I need a 3500-3800 stall though... Peak TQ comes in around 5000 rpm. For drag racing, converters should stall 1200 rpm less then peak TQ. A 224 cam will want 3.69's and 3500+ stall. I would not go with 3.29's. Trust me... 3.69's are awesome!

Go Hawks!
Old 12-24-2012, 01:35 AM
On The Tree

As an example ZZP has a 3500 & 3750 converter. With the cam I am getting which stall would better suited for dd? My dad almost talked me into doin factory rebuild and selling it for a dmax, then I cranked her with open cutout and don't think I could even think of parting with it.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:24 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Aaron Arceneaux
As an example ZZP has a 3500 & 3750 converter. With the cam I am getting which stall would better suited for dd? My dad almost talked me into doin factory rebuild and selling it for a dmax, then I cranked her with open cutout and don't think I could even think of parting with it.
I was thinking the same until I drove to the exhaust shop with a open dp Couldn't stop grinning lol
Old 12-24-2012, 02:50 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 06 GMC 2500HD with the DMax with a few things done to it. It isn't a GXP, but it suprises a ton of people. Not too mention, the GXP can't tow a trailer or haul the things the truck hauls.

It just depends on what you want / need.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:07 PM
On The Tree

I'm still young and dumb I really don't know what I want/need. I really dont plan on hauling or pulling stuff but it is nice to have a truck and I have already decided when I get my next truck it'll be a dmax. I have a 1999 explorer I picked cheap and it does the job hauling crap I need. It's either fix gp how I want and sell explorer later to offset costs or fix gp and get rid of both and find me 02-07 dmax crewcab. If I get the truck it'll have to close to as fast or faster than GXP. I know the allison is pretty strong but I really don't want to mod another vehicle with a "weak" transmission due to mods. I hope I'm making sense.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:09 PM
On The Tree

Something like this very cheap priced was 13,900 two weeks ago

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/3478260917.html
Old 12-31-2012, 11:13 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm still young and dumb I really don't know what I want/need. I really dont plan on hauling or pulling stuff but it is nice to have a truck and I have already decided when I get my next truck it'll be a dmax. I have a 1999 explorer I picked cheap and it does the job hauling crap I need. It's either fix gp how I want and sell explorer later to offset costs or fix gp and get rid of both and find me 02-07 dmax crewcab. If I get the truck it'll have to close to as fast or faster than GXP. I know the allison is pretty strong but I really don't want to mod another vehicle with a "weak" transmission due to mods. I hope I'm making sense.
If you get one, I would recomend an 06-07 (Classic) with the LBZ motor and 6 speed Allison. The 6 speed has a couple of improvements done to it and will live with some mods as long as you run a Transgo Jr. The newer body styles had additional emmissions equipment. The 06-07 classic only had a catalytic converter and EGR which are easy to eliminate (no CEL even without a tuner)

If you do look at them, check the vin, there were plenty of 06 produced with the LLY motor. The vin is the only way to be certain.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:36 AM
On The Tree

Cam install will be happening soon. I ended up get a stock rebuild thinking I was gonna sel it for a Firebird WS6 M6 I had found and thought I wanted. After I drove it after rebuild I fell in love again. I kind of regret not spending the extra cash on hardened shaft and gear, but it pulls twice as fast for some reason now. The guy who rebuilt said he shimmed and redid the drum some kind of way, used better clutch packs, valvebody work, and tweaked my thrasher shift kit. My trans has been over 170 with me beating on it to see how it would react. Gear shifts are quick and precise when cruising and you can feel it throw you back when you step in her now with super quick positive shifts. I also noticed when cruising it temps stay 130-143 depending on speed and it doesn't jump in and out of overdrive any more like it used too. I am truly happy with the build but kind of kicking myself in the *** for passing on the hardened shaft, especially when I saw mine in 3 pieces. I really thought I could let her go that easy, I guessed wrong lol

Quick Reply: Guys with 3.69s