LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Cylinder #5 misfire

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 04:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cylinder #5 misfire

Hey all, I joined not long ago & haven't really posted much yet. I've got a 2008 GP GXP back in August & just recently it started having loads of misfire in Cylinder #5. It only seems to do this around 40mph or higher, & not at idle. I've pulled that spark plug out and it looks just fine. What could be causing this misfire? Any thoughts, comments, suggestions?
Old 01-23-2013, 06:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

REMOVE and clean your induction system
-MAF spray cleaner(MAF sensor cleaner or electronic component cleaner) and toothbrush, dont touch the actual sensor with anything but the spray
-TB remove and clean using throttlebody cleaner, apply a thin layer of vasaline or die-electric grease to seal proir to re assembly
be sure to reassemble all connections tight and you can apply a little of the vasaline inside any of the vacum lines( look in them you will see an oring in there, lubricate it)
Should take less than an hour
Old 01-23-2013, 08:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Could it be a wire? Bad coil pack? Fuel injector? If you haven't replaced the plug, you could just see if it was a bad plug.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:18 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ill_Born_ss
REMOVE and clean your induction system
-MAF spray cleaner(MAF sensor cleaner or electronic component cleaner) and toothbrush, dont touch the actual sensor with anything but the spray
-TB remove and clean using throttlebody cleaner, apply a thin layer of vasaline or die-electric grease to seal proir to re assembly
be sure to reassemble all connections tight and you can apply a little of the vasaline inside any of the vacum lines( look in them you will see an oring in there, lubricate it)
Should take less than an hour
Agree, Clean your MAF. How many miles? Any other CEL codes?
Old 11-18-2013, 09:08 AM
On The Tree

Ever figure it out? I am having a similar issue.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:15 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check your coil packs, i had a missfire on #5, switched it to #1 and it happened again on #1, checked for spark and continuity and replace the one pack... never one issue since

Quick Reply: Cylinder #5 misfire