LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Houston Area

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 03:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Houston Area

Anybody in the Houston area who has installed the Transgo Shift kit, who'd be willing to give me some of their time to help me get mine installed. I have the kit already, just need some how to on getting it in. I'll throw in a six pack of beer.

FYI, yes I have seen the shift kit install thread. Im not to confident on trying to install the kit based off that topic.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:16 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Relax take a breath. If you can change wiperblades or oil you can do it. Here's a way better writeup..i promise its as simple as the writeup http://www.grandprixforums.net/diy-h...res-79486.html
Old 08-07-2013, 08:03 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Transgo shift kit sitting on a shelf along with a cooler. I just haven't been able to find time to tackle that job with remodeling going on and home and work being busy. One of these days, I plan on getting it done. I wish the temps would drop so it would be more bearable.

If you need to pick up Dex VI and don't want to pay an arm and a leg, call Jones oil on Shepherd. They sell it by the case and its much cheaper. I didn't go for their universal that is Dex VI compatable or any of that. You just have to tell them you want actual Dex VI and ask what brands they carry in it.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LeadfootDuramax
I have the Transgo shift kit sitting on a shelf along with a cooler. I just haven't been able to find time to tackle that job with remodeling going on and home and work being busy. One of these days, I plan on getting it done. I wish the temps would drop so it would be more bearable.

If you need to pick up Dex VI and don't want to pay an arm and a leg, call Jones oil on Shepherd. They sell it by the case and its much cheaper. I didn't go for their universal that is Dex VI compatable or any of that. You just have to tell them you want actual Dex VI and ask what brands they carry in it.
We are in the same boat! But, I figured its time to actually get my money worth out of these. Instead of being paper weights.

91ParkAve, HOLY SH! thanks for that link man! Wayyyyyy better than the other write up. Now, going off of that write up I will get this done this weekend.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:26 PM
TECH Resident

Damn two more people from Houston. Here I thought I was the only one.

Quick Reply: Houston Area