LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

LS7 hydro formed headers

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 10:57 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS7 hydro formed headers

Does anyone know where I can buy these headers? I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find them anywhere. Are they something that needs to be custom fabricated or can you actually buy them somewhere? I'm looking to do the mods such as swapping out the LS4 headers with LS7 headers, swap out LS4 intake with LS2 intake, etc. I can find everything but these headers. Thanks for any help that you guys can provide
Old 10-02-2013, 12:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you asking about LS7/LS9 exhaust manifolds? If so there are many on ebay, but if your wanting to put them on a standard LS4 car you may want to double check to see if they will fit.

I pretty sure they wont fit with out major work. Check out Fieroguru's thread, he used them on his Fiero swap and he had to cut them up and do some major work to get them to fit.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:20 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The lowest price I've seen on them were around 200 but after the custom fabrication involved in chopping the flanges and welding on a right angle exit and chopping the rear to fit. All of a sudden there not so cost effective. You do better with some scratch built headers if you have the means to do so. Otherwise its still the garbage thorley or obx headers. BTW eBay and the classified section here on ls1tech has them occasionally
Old 10-02-2013, 04:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 197 Likes on 99 Posts

With a manual transmission, the LS7 manifolds will fit w/o mods on a fiero. I cut the flanges off mine because they were large and bulky (and they wanted $80 for the flanges to the pipe side). I think I paid $125 for them shipped 2-3 years ago.

Someone has put an LS7 manifold on the front bank, but couldn't get it to fit the rear (transmission interference issues).

One Fiero guy used them front/back with a 4T65e-hd, but he had them reworked to clear the transmission (and the fieros have more room on the rear bank, so they are easier to fit.

I really like the LS7 manifolds because they flow very well (came off a 505 hp engine) and the head shields help keep engine bay temps much lower than with headers.

Quick Reply: LS7 hydro formed headers