LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

LS4 monte carlo SS upgrade help?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 09:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS4 monte carlo SS upgrade help?

i was looking to get the best bang for my buck. i work at a car dealership and my 06 with 42k miles is under full extended warranty until 156k miles. im thinking the best hit for this car would be a catback exhaust, a K&N cold air and a diablotune. ive seen very good results with the diablo tune working very well with the monte carlo SS. if you guys have any ideas of the best upgrades for this car ide love the help. ive went up against a 2010 camaro RS and a mustang GT and both i beat by atleast 2 cars to 100mph and was pulling. i beat the camaro a little worse. but a guy at my work with a 08 STI with the cobb tuner keeps nagging at me. but thats the car im looking to beat. im rated more HP and his cars a little heavier. whats the best upgrade set up for my car. money isnt really a issue. but i dont want to spend alot for not to much results. any ideas help
Old 11-09-2013, 11:55 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1nastyMonteSS
i was looking to get the best bang for my buck. i work at a car dealership and my 06 with 42k miles is under full extended warranty until 156k miles. im thinking the best hit for this car would be a catback exhaust, a K&N cold air and a diablotune. ive seen very good results with the diablo tune working very well with the monte carlo SS. if you guys have any ideas of the best upgrades for this car ide love the help. ive went up against a 2010 camaro RS and a mustang GT and both i beat by atleast 2 cars to 100mph and was pulling. i beat the camaro a little worse. but a guy at my work with a 08 STI with the cobb tuner keeps nagging at me. but thats the car im looking to beat. im rated more HP and his cars a little heavier. whats the best upgrade set up for my car. money isnt really a issue. but i dont want to spend alot for not to much results. any ideas help
Honestly you'll want to go for the ls6 intake swap and definatley, a Dyno tune or Lew diablo tune. Rockers and downpipe and exhaust would complete the package. But first I would recommend the ls4 essentials shift kit and/or tune, plugs NGK tr6, trans cooler. And go from there. Oil catch cans help as well.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when you say shift kit are you referring to a manual automatic? as in manual shifting gears without clutch? my friends 87 iroc he installed a manual shifter where instead of just being in drive or 1 2 or 3 he now manual pushes the shifter up to jump between gears. is that what your talking about? and ive been hearing good things bout the lew diablo tune. im just a little unsure of where to purchase one. i want the car to still be dependable and used as a daily driver if needed. im not looking to put a heavy load on any parts of the car. just add some horsepower to the car while also being safe with the car. for the time being it is my daily driver. and unfortauntely due to my little knowledge in part installation im going to have to have this installed through a shop.

Quick Reply: LS4 monte carlo SS upgrade help?