LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Just the gasket?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 08:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Just the gasket?

First off.....Happy Holidays to all of you guys. Hope yours are going better than mine so far.

I noticed my coolant temps increasing over a week. They never got really bad and I know the pump is still working. Well long story short, Yesterday morning I walk in the garage and I am leaking coolant. I looked at the everything and found evidence that I'm leaking at the water pump.

My question is, with my pump still moving my fluid, do y'all think I can just buy gaskets or should I replace the pump?
Old 12-22-2013, 09:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How many mile are on it , that would help in deciding , if it has 100k then yes , is it coming from the gaskets or the pulley
Old 12-22-2013, 09:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 01 Vert ws6
How many mile are on it , that would help in deciding , if it has 100k then yes , is it coming from the gaskets or the pulley
Its probley coming from the pulley and for the cost of the pump at bennet auto 46 it doesnt make any sense to not change it all also considering the work that u have to go through battery fuse box belt just changed it i would atleast
Old 12-22-2013, 09:23 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The pump is ridiculously cheap and easy to do. Should take all of 10min after you remove the battery. The gasket has nothing to do with your leak if its leaking from behind the pulley, that would indicate the coolant is seeping from the weephole which means your pump is trashed.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:21 PM
Teching In

I have about 90K on her right now. Last Christmas I put a rew radiator in, new trans in April, and new tires a few months ago.

I agree with you guys now that you said it. It makes since to change it even if it was just a gasket.

Thanks.....

wife's alternator went out yesterday so rockauto is about to make some money from us LOL.

Quick Reply: Just the gasket?