LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

HP gain from cam?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 10:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HP gain from cam?

Trying to see what #'s will be gained from this cam. http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/c...csid=1089&sb=2 Anyone have personal experience with a cam in their LS4? I am looking for a cam that will give me a nice boost in HP, work well with nitrous and still have decent drive ability.

@DavidGXP ?
Old 12-27-2013, 11:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gagt3100
Trying to see what #'s will be gained from this cam. http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/c...csid=1089&sb=2 Anyone have personal experience with a cam in their LS4? I am looking for a cam that will give me a nice boost in HP, work well with nitrous and still have decent drive ability. @DavidGXP ?
It will be a nice DD cam. Mine is pretty similar only with more duration (216/220 .56/.56 114+4) and the low end feels stronger than stock after the FAST intake and LS2 TB. Midrange feels nice and strong and top end holds it there. I think you'll be pretty pleased with that cam if you DD your car. Maybe expect up to 325whp if you have all the corresponding mods to go with it (intake, exhaust) And don't worry about a nitrous cam unless you're going to be spraying at least a 200 shot because anything less and it's just not worth it at all to run a nitrous cam.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:20 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright thanks Moses. I want to do an intake swap at some point but IDK what to do, LS2,LS6 maybe?? along with a TB swap so I can run a nitrous plate. I do DD my car. With my current set up and a custom tune I am at 280~ WHP and about 370WHP on nitrous. Also being able to have an extra 7-800 of rmps will be nice.

Quick Reply: HP gain from cam?