LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

06 Impala SS no heat

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014 | 11:16 AM
Teching In

Default 06 Impala SS no heat

Hey guys. First post. Got a 06 Impala SS. Girlfriends DD. Last week heat quit working on passenger side. Driver side fine. Only single click in dash when I would adjust it to heat. I assume its a actuator. Now driver side heat only works once car reaches operating temp(halfway). Is driverside failing now also? I'm new to climate control especially dual so anyhelp . Hate to buy a bunch of actuators and it not be the problem. Thanks
Old 09-18-2014 | 08:09 PM
On The Tree

simple, pull the actuator off (just a couple of screws) move the damper pivot shaft that the actuator works while the car is running. That will tell you if you have an actuator issue or not (could even be an electrical issue causing the actuator not to work) either way that would answer your question
Old 09-18-2014 | 10:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They are very common to go bad on i have replaced both one right after the other get the delco ones from a bennet auto or stealership from bennet there on like 35 ea
Old 09-21-2014 | 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do not use the Dorman ones , mine only lasted 4 months before they stripped AGAIN. i had to replace all of mine on the passenger side one for the AIR blend and one for the HEAT/COLD
Old 09-27-2014 | 07:58 AM
On The Tree

Oh great. I just replaced all three that went bad a the same time with Doorman from Advanced Auto. We'll see if they last.
Passenger side is easy but driver side and recirculate door are pretty tight with big hands. There are youtube videos to show replacement.
The passenger side took 5 minutes the driver and recirc took about an hour total trying to work upside down and driver side blind by feel only, left handed.

Quick Reply: 06 Impala SS no heat