LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Strut Tower Brace Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 11:04 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Strut Tower Brace Question

So I was at the junkyard over the weekend and saw a strut tower brace on an Impala. I grabbed it to see if it would fit my GXP. It seems like it might. Has anyone installed a bar like this with the Don Rome brackets?

The first pic in this link shows what it looks like.
http://www.impalaforums.com/appearan...-to-start.html
Old 10-27-2015, 03:26 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Seen some that cleared the alternator but I also eeber Don rome notching them as well.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LeadfootDuramax
So I was at the junkyard over the weekend and saw a strut tower brace on an Impala. I grabbed it to see if it would fit my GXP. It seems like it might. Has anyone installed a bar like this with the Don Rome brackets?

The first pic in this link shows what it looks like.
http://www.impalaforums.com/appearan...-to-start.html
Should work, but I gotta say that is one ugly bar. I have passed on a couple of those in the junkyard just because it looks fuggly. The Impala with the 3800 has the straight bar, so thats probably a 3400 thing only. The straight bar with a little massaging is supposed to work, I don't have one yet so I could just be talking . The end result should be the same with the hood closed
Old 10-27-2015, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rottonj
Should work, but I gotta say that is one ugly bar. I have passed on a couple of those in the junkyard just because it looks fuggly. The Impala with the 3800 has the straight bar, so thats probably a 3400 thing only. The straight bar with a little massaging is supposed to work, I don't have one yet so I could just be talking . The end result should be the same with the hood closed
hey come on, function over form man lol
Old 10-28-2015, 10:02 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I need to look at it closer. I am not too worried about looks. I can paint it and make it looks nice/blend in. For a few bucks, I can use it as steel for other projects around the house/garage. Mostly I was curious to find out. It could be a budget way for others to just need the front brackets.

Quick Reply: Strut Tower Brace Question