LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Monte Dripping DexCool

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 08:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monte Dripping DexCool

OK I know it has been a long time since I last posted.. I have been out enjoying my Monte!!! Well, I backed the car out of the garage the other day I noticed a pink puddle.. right in front of the Driver's tire???? Yes, I know the surge tank is there but I could not find a leak in that area.. it has to be running along a frame member... I also smell the distinct antifreeze smell after running the car a while.. No antifreeze in the oil... The car has 146,000 on it now and I am wondering if the water pump is leaking or ??? I took it to a friend that has a lift and he is going to take a look at it tomorrow while it is in the air.. are there any common issues to look for?

Thanks!
Old 03-16-2017, 08:41 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you find where it was coming from?
Old 03-18-2017, 03:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just pressure test it and eliminate all the guessing
Old 03-18-2017, 12:07 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Get a new cap to put on. The drivers side tire leak means coolant is coming from the overflow tank which has a hose that goes into the fender. When the coolant cap on these starts going you'll hear gurgule sounds and notice bubbling..

Always replays with a grand prix gxp cap as they have lower pressure ratings and allow more coolant to flow through the system at a lower psi.also always remember to fill coolant only on the engine side never do it from the dex cool tank on the driver side

Quick Reply: Monte Dripping DexCool