LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Stalling while driving

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 01:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stalling while driving

Hi, I'm new hear. I need some help.
My car started to lose power as i was driving on the highway. I recently changed spark plus oil change and radiator flush. Car started to shut off at low ideal. 500 rpm or so. But today, as i was driving down the highway at about 2300 rpm, the engine hesitated. A little later it seem like it shut off or lack of power, and immediately resumed. And then the rpm dropped and then back up. At one point even shut off completely. I had to crank the engine on neutral. Now even driving around the block is an issue. I just changed the battery and alternator,but nothing. This vehicle is a 88 Chevy Monte Carlo LS, not stock by any means.the set is this:
6.0 vortec with a edelbrock rpm intake and msd block attached to the factory coils.
Quick fuel 750 double pumper carb.
Inline holley red fuel pump.
Ngk irdium sparkplus gapped at .40
Taylor tunder cables.
Headers with Y connection to single flowmaster to dual tips.
700r4
Basically it was an engine swap with computer elimination. I plan on exchanging the spark plugs and doing a compression check. A year ago I had 160 psi. A month ago, the guy who tuned my carb said im down to 130. He had suggested a spark plug change due too all the air/fuel ratios I had played with. Oh and I'm having backfires as a result. Not sure if its at the carb or at the exhaust.

Last edited by MCSMASHING; 04-20-2018 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Left out a detail
Old 04-22-2018, 06:19 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1988 ?

Um... do those things use... like... distributors and um....

Hell I dunno... why did you post here in an LS4 motor forum?