Notices
LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

P2138 code with traction control service light!

Old 09-15-2018, 08:52 PM
Teching In

Default P2138 code with traction control service light!

Just started yesterday. I have an 06 gxp with 150000 on it. Driving to dinner Fri night it flashed a"traction control off", "stability control off" & " reduced engine power" on the dic ..i pulled the code p2138 throttle position issues. I have cleaned and checked all the connectors between the throttle pedal and throttle body .Still did not clear the code. It keeps rresetting ..i have checked each wheel speed censor along with voltage and they all check out . I was able to recreate the problem by disconnecting x101 drivers strut tower connector ..i even cleaned it up as well and checked for moisture. It really acts like a wiring problem and I would like some ideas where else to check .I appreciate any help I receive .thanks
Old 09-18-2018, 12:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Did you try cleaning the throttle body with CRC cleaner?
Old 09-26-2018, 11:53 AM
Teching In

Tried cleaning the throttle body to no avail. Installed a new one and nothing. Guess I'll start tracing wires.

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: