LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Can’t get enough of this FWD bastardized V8 car haha

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2023, 09:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Can’t get enough of this FWD bastardized V8 car haha

Well it’s been a while but looking to get back into another SS Impala as a fun DD, my last LS4 was in 2012 when I traded it in for a 2011 Silverado LT Allstate edition. The car was rear ended and was never the same after the accident, I wish I would have taken the time to diagnose it myself but I was impatient and needed a reliable DD back then. The car I’m looking at has some work needed to be done such as harmonic balancer and a leaky water pump but nothing major. It’s an 06 with 110k miles on it which isn’t bad for the year.

With doing the balancer I may just go with the summit racing balancer and an oem water pump and t-stat, has anyone changed these out with different options or better to stick with stock? With the balancer off I may pull the front cover and do a cam swap on it something I wanted to do with mine but never did. I do have a stock LS6 cam and intake manifold in my spare parts that I’m considering running on this 5.3. Trans and stall will come later since the cam isn’t to aggressive unless I do the truck Norris cam.

For the price of the car and some of the things I’m looking at this may be a cheap build to have some fun with. I’m hoping to get an answer from the guy selling the car this week so I can start gathering everything together and get it started with my son giving me a hand. Here a few pics of my 08 and some of the things I did to it before letting it go and the one to replace both of them 😈

The following 2 users liked this post by 1CL3ANSUP3RSPORT:
2ToeRacing (08-10-2023), Rt Jam (08-17-2023)
Old 08-10-2023, 09:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Put it reverse and do some backward doughnuts its soooo much fun
Old 08-28-2023, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree, long time lurker and picked up a 05 GXP for $1500, needs a transmission but I'm looking forward to cruising around once transmissions fixed.
Old 08-28-2023, 10:03 PM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Is doing a cam an engine out job?
Old 09-05-2023, 01:37 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

These LS4 cars are still on the road?? LOL!! I special ordered my 2006 Monte Carlo SS LS4 brand new from GM at the end of 2005, and took delivery in early 2006.. and I had it for 8 years, 145+ thousand miles... went through 2 transmissions... did all the mods that were available ()very few!), etc.. I'm surprised there are any of these still in the main-stream, being driven or wasted money on...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com

Quick Reply: Can’t get enough of this FWD bastardized V8 car haha