LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

I’m back! 07 gpgxp question - charging system failure

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2023, 10:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I’m back! 07 gpgxp question - charging system failure

Hello friends. Been gone a while but I’m back. Picked up a 07 gp Gxp about a year ago. Beautiful car. 82k miles when I bought it. About 89k rn.

getting to the issue.

I recently changed the battery. New duralast gold. Fired it up still no charging. No prob. I knew the battery was needing to be replaced as it was a cpl years old when I bought the car. Been babying it on a tender. Anyway car failed on me cpl weeks ago pulling into my complex n I changed the alternator the next day. Also a duralast gold. New. Not reman…test drive and still charging system failure notification however driving with bay voltage info up on dic and at that time it was charging 13.xx. Isn’t done this several times. ok. So after some research changed the battery current sensor clamped around the negative batt cable. Still same
issue. New neg batt terminal also. Still intermittently getting these failure notifications. I’m actively working on this but figured I’d ask the community in the meantime and see if anybody has similar hurdles.

I am a professional technician but I don’t know everything. With that being said.. I’ve checked grounds. I’ve checked for broken wires. And I’m confused enough to sit and post here n see what others have experienced.

thanks for any input.

Pics added bc cars are cool.

Quick Reply: I’m back! 07 gpgxp question - charging system failure