LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

muffler, straight through vs. chambered

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 10:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default muffler, straight through vs. chambered

when my car is cold, it chrackles when i rev. i took off resinator and have magnaflow chamber mufflers. after the car warms up the chrackling goes away. someone said the chamber mufflers are causing that. should i switch to somethign like straight through magnaflow or flowmaster
Old 07-09-2006, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, first off I wouldn't recommend revving your engine when it is cold. I always let any car get to operating temperature before making the engine really work.

Second off, I would get a strait through, although I can not say if it will solve your problem. Magnaflow would be my choice over flowmaster. I had a magnaflow on a previous vehicle and the exhaust was top notch.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im runnin !muffler and it does the same. just drive it easy until the temp gauge starts to move a little and then you can take the rpms up a little more.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, you'll have more issues in the future other then the exhust "cackling" if you keep driving it like that.

Do what the others have said; warm your car up before you get on it. This may be why it's like this now.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:40 AM
TECH Regular

oh i dont rev right when i fire up. im talking like 5 -10 minutes after car is running or driving. when i start my car and drive out of my subdivision and give it like 3/4 throttle, u will hear it crackle kinda.

Quick Reply: muffler, straight through vs. chambered