LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Daytime Running Lights..Anyone disable them?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 01:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daytime Running Lights..Anyone disable them?

If so...how? On a Monte or Impala? 2006/7 model year?
Old 01-21-2007, 02:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not yet, EVERY time I get in the car, I either turn the headlight switch to the left if it's bright and sunny, which will turn the lights off.

Or, I turn it to the right on an overcast day, which turns the H/L's off, and turns on the ambers. Then I turn on the fogs.

I wish the fogs would stay on by default, like every other American car I've owned. The European cars do that, and it's annoying.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:26 AM
TECH Addict

Since i went with HIDs, i no longer have the DRLs...just not enough power to get'em started. I talked with BBengineer at www.NAIOA.com about doing a DRL bypass like the one he designed for the 00-05 models, and said it wouldn't be worth his time b/c it's easy to turn them off already.

I agree, it's a PITA to do...before i got the HID i always turned them off and usually turned on the fogs/parking lights.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i had a buddy at a chevy dealer look into this, it wasnt that easy... He said with a techII they were able to disable them in a new impala cop car... But on a impala off the lot he couldnt find a way with the techII to shut them off. He said it would probably need a new body computer so they can re configure it from scratch.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

I found on my '03 and two '05 Impalas that I could remove one of the DRL relays in the panel under the hood and the DRL's wouldn't come on any more. Never looked for this on the MCSS.

Although the auto headlights still would come on an hour before dark to make you look like a dork.

At least with the MCSS you can cruise well past midnight with your ambers and fogs on, so it's a start.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't invested any money or mods, I just turn the light switch to the left and the DTRL's turn off. It's confirmed by the computer dash monitor. After every start, just turn the light switch to the left...
Old 01-28-2007, 10:24 AM
Staging Lane

pulling relay may set a code

Quick Reply: Daytime Running Lights..Anyone disable them?