LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

argggggh! Paint Chip

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 07:46 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy argggggh! Paint Chip

So, in my sheer brilliance to wash some of the road salt and grime off the car, I ran it through one of those car washes (without the wheel guides).

So I am in this long line, and I get up to the little box where you put in your number and behold! Cannot use a credit car to pay for it. Crap!

So I run into the store and use the card and get a code. Run back out and jump in the car (and no one even had to wait for me).

Get home and notice a chip in the paint on my door where I apparently opened the door into that stupid metal box where you put your wash code.

Not a huge one. But on my black car, definitely noticable. So, any suggestions on how to fix it? Or am I screwed cause of the black paint?
Old 02-06-2007, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

We all feel your pain ...

Unless you have mad detailing skills, I would go to your best body shop you have and pay them the $100 to fix it right, if it bothers you. That bottle of touch up paint with the brush and some wet/dry sanding won't cut it.

You talking about one of those gas station washes that leave that residue all over your car, especially the rainbow discoloration on the lights?
Old 02-07-2007, 08:06 AM
Launching!

Actually, it does fairly well. I was more concerned with all the road grime and leftover salt.

I figured as much on the paint. Oh well