LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Problem with the (G)Imp

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007 | 02:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mine is officially going in tommorow for the PS hose recall and the key fob range issue and that battery light issue i had a while back.
Old 02-26-2007 | 02:53 PM
TECH Addict

Are your parts on order for the Keyless? Chances are good they don't have them in stock if you haven't been there before for this issue.
Old 02-26-2007 | 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

mines goin in next week when i get back from chicago. my tranny is PISSED at me right now.
Old 02-26-2007 | 03:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I dont care so much if they gotta order parts, Ill have a loaner for the time so less miles on my car, and besides the weather is REALLY shitty here... not like im gonna race anyone lol
Old 02-26-2007 | 03:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Area47
mines goin in next week when i get back from chicago. my tranny is PISSED at me right now.
WTF is wrong with that thing now? You break more **** than the law allows.... Only guys who make a ton of power break stuff constantly, the remainder broke it because of abuse or neglect.

You gotta havea mile long warranty repair list by now bwhahahah!! They probably could have bought the car back with how much they stuck into warranty.
Old 02-26-2007 | 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BADDLS1SS
WTF is wrong with that thing now? You break more **** than the law allows.... Only guys who make a ton of power break stuff constantly, the remainder broke it because of abuse or neglect.

You gotta havea mile long warranty repair list by now bwhahahah!! They probably could have bought the car back with how much they stuck into warranty.

well the only things it has gone in for is
water pump
p/s rack leak, thumping noise in front {typical rack thing on gm's}
tranny squeak, which is still there!. got a new convertor and turbine shaft. now the tranny is slipping. taking off from a stop when cold, the tc slips and the tranny suddenly grabs, when comming out of dod, it spikes. normal, no biggie. when the convertor goes to lock, it slowly comes back down and suddenly shocks itself and locks. something is not right. this is round two on the tranny, for the same thing as before.
Old 02-26-2007 | 06:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mine does the hard TC lock up or aka short duty cycle when coming off DOD under really light throttle. Are you sure its just no spinning the tires coming off a stop?
Old 02-26-2007 | 06:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Mine does the hard TC lock up or aka short duty cycle when coming off DOD under really light throttle. Are you sure its just no spinning the tires coming off a stop?
Are you still running DOD after the rocker setup?
Old 02-26-2007 | 07:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by live2ride
Are you still running DOD after the rocker setup?
Yes Sir

I tried it for 2 weeks w/o and the mileage really kind a sucked, like 18 mpg... Now i get 22 back in dod
Old 02-27-2007 | 08:17 AM
Teching In

18mpg.. w/ no dod? **** im gettin about 14 right now. haha but then again its all city driving im doin untill summertime when i drive to the beaches every weekend. Its worth the shitty gas milage tho i think, shes feelin like a beast since i tuned it! And im not goin to lie.. i have been hot rodding it alot more than i should be. If only this place didnt have so many ricers!
Old 02-27-2007 | 08:23 AM
Teching In

o yea badd, the dealer actually said they were goin to fix your FOB ****? They told me there still waiting on a bullitin from GM and arnt even alowed to trouble shoot the issue on the MC... only on the Imps. bastards haha.
Old 02-27-2007 | 09:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

IDK i mentioned it this morning when i dropped it off, but i told them if they gotta order parts i want the car back until they are in, that goes for the PS hose too.

All i need is some young punks out beating my car from the dealer....

I cant wait to see if they say anyhting about having no cat and CAI lol
Old 02-27-2007 | 10:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

im sure it's not spinnin
Old 02-27-2007 | 10:13 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor
10 Year Member

I cant wait to see if they say anyhting about having no cat and CAI lol
dunno about the no-cat deal, but I've had mine in for service a couple times since I've put in my CAI, and they didn't care... my service advisor just told me to be careful when I go to re-oil the K&N - not to use too much so it won't get sucked in onto the MAF...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 02-27-2007 | 03:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well they called and had it done about an hour ago... did it all i guess and had all the parts and even fixed the leaking axle seal.... so idk... im happy!
Old 02-27-2007 | 03:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

See, not every visit to the dealership has to be a nightmare.
Old 02-27-2007 | 04:45 PM
TECH Addict

Glad you got taken care of BADD!

Well, mine is definitely leaking! The sound came back this afternoon and i needed to fill it up again. Called the dealer and they said they'd need 5 hours to get the PS done, and 3-4 to do the Keyless thing and to address my in-op rear defroster. I'm already borrowing a car the next 3 days to get to a seminar out of town and to get the wife to work, so i cannot afford to be without it for an entire day. Hopefully i can get her in saturday, but that's full (on my sched.) too. Maybe Friday? We'll see.

Quick Reply: Problem with the (G)Imp