LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

new and attention 06monteSS

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 07:49 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

anyway, we can't adjust timing/spark at normal cruise/driving, only in the WOT RPM ranges.

the only way right now to adjust timing/spark in ALL areas (normal driving/cruise & WOT) is to drop down to the next lower octane tune. Spark/timing can still be added to WOT after doing that though...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 04-06-2007, 11:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okey-dokey.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:33 PM
TECH Addict

Hey Lew...good news...got the LTFTs to zero-out at WOT and i think my FTs at cruise are nearing 0. Thanks for the help. I'm downloading the data right now and will send it over at some point, but i think i'm good at -9 slope and +8 PE...until it warms up, of course
Old 04-07-2007, 04:45 PM
On The Tree

there is always something, isnt there. To adjust, tweak, screw in or out, and then you get it juuuuuust perfect, and bam, you start all over.

This is why we love cars I guess.

How is she running buffaloSS
Old 04-07-2007, 05:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BuffaloSS
Hey Lew...good news...got the LTFTs to zero-out at WOT and i think my FTs at cruise are nearing 0. Thanks for the help. I'm downloading the data right now and will send it over at some point, but i think i'm good at -9 slope and +8 PE...until it warms up, of course
Buffalo, can you email me your log? I'd like to see what your results were with -9 +8.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

me too. I would like to see and compare a bit. BTW, an odd question but how are your rims holding up?? mine have a few knicks for some reason and I only have 12k miles. They seam soft.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:47 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BuffaloSS
Nice!! Good to hear Chris!! how's it feel - pulling strong?? nice and quick response/acceleration??

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 04-08-2007, 07:33 PM
On The Tree

Im getting ready to send you a log, but dont see air/fuel ratio on my choices. What am I missing
Old 04-09-2007, 09:52 AM
TECH Addict

She's running great, pulls from all speeds, but like i told 06Monte over an eMail, after a while you don't notice the power anymore b/c you're used to it. I might reinstall the factory tune for a while, then reinstall the 93 tune to get that "OH S**T" feeling again, LOL.

Originally Posted by daveridlen93
Im getting ready to send you a log, but dont see air/fuel ratio on my choices. What am I missing
If you chose to log it in the first place, it should be listed as Equivalence ratio, AFR, on your log.

As Monte suggested, get your files into Excel to look them over. After i glance at the High & Low points for the o2 value and FTs (and speed), through the data viewer, i immediately export the log to the excel CSV file and compare it all there.

Whoever wanted my log file, send me an eMail at cflynn233 AT adelphia DOT net.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:58 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by daveridlen93
BTW, an odd question but how are your rims holding up?? mine have a few knicks for some reason and I only have 12k miles. They seam soft.
When i finally got a chance to wash her down myself when it got warm(er) a week or two ago, i noticed some peeling clearcoat on the edges on a couple wheels. There were no scratches or anything, so i think it may have been done by the place that installed my winter tires, or it's possible they're just flat out peeling. Don't know.

I'm not happy, but due to the location, i can almost guarantee the dealer is going to say it was curb rash or installer error. I'm not even going to bring it up until i get my RSA's back on there. I did have one wheel replaced a while for peeling clearcoat on one of the spokes where it couldn't possibly have been my fault.

(20,000mi here, btw)