LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

key fob

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 07:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default key fob

Ever since I installed my K&N CAI I noticed that the key fob doesn't work unless I'm close to the car. Before I could start the car from halfway across a parking garage but now unless I'm almost right next to the car it doesn't work. And if I'm directly behind the car it doesn't work at all. Anyone have any ideas? I already changed the batteries and had the dealer reprogram all the keys and it's still like this. Only thing I can think of is I relocated the PCM inside the heat shield when installing the K&N.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:37 PM
TECH Addict

Not at all related. It's a common problem and discussed many times over. Many of the 06s and some 07's got sh*tty stuff installed and need these items replaced. They need to replace the antenna, fobs and RKE module. Look for similar posts and you'll find the document number. You may also get Tire Pressure system-related errors soon, too. Go in and complain and they'll fix it.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:56 PM
Staging Lane

I just had mine done, it helps considerable on the reliability of the fobs. But, the K&N is not related at all.

The original antenna is in the windshield, seems that temperature effects it, and causes issues. At least thats what my dealer seems to think. My tire pressure monitor doesn't work at the moment, but the dealer is having me bring the car back Tuesday to have my windows retinted, they plan to finish it then, rather than leaving with a rental all weekend. He said the new RKE/TPM module is a pain to get to work, they have updated it twice, and it still refuses to register the tire sensors.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:07 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the info guys! I guess I need to go back and complain some more so they can fix it correctly. As for the tire pressure monitoring system, I don't use it any more anyway since I got my new wheels.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:52 PM
Staging Lane

Np, if you ever get a minute, can you post a larger picture of your Impy? I've not seen those wheels on it yet.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I fianlly took my MC in and the dealer told me there is a TAB on the KeyFob. If the dealer has the parts in, they will want both Fobs at the time of repair. I have wait until my parts are in for replacement.