LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Considering CAI for Impala SS

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 09:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
I took off the rear engine bay-to-hood weather stripping a while ago, to let hot air out... so this weekend, while looking around at things... I took that weather stripping, and cut it to the proper lengths and mounted the sections to the top of the CAI box (I run without the lid on)... now those rubber weather stripping sections are just about as tall as the cross/sway bar, just about make contact with the hood when it's closed, so they help to keep to further seal the hot air out of it and keep it from getting into the CAI box...

Good idea, I took that piece off myself. I was thinking of using some foam like the floaty noodles and wrapping the top of the box. I'm probably going to wrap the box in header tape soon.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:48 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

doesn't header tape keep heat IN though??

I thought the purpose of header tape was to keep the engine bay cooler from the heat from the headers, so it keeps the heat in, instead of letting it radiate out... is that correct?? or do I have it backwards??

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 06-26-2007, 11:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just thought of header tape as an insulator. So I would insulate the intake box from the engine heat.

Quick Reply: Considering CAI for Impala SS