LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Calling all Tinted Impalas

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 08:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling all Tinted Impalas

Two quick questions for you '06-07 Imps that have had their windows tinted:

1. Did your installer get all the way to the center "B" pillars on the doors?

2. Do you consider the place you had yours done a quality/reputable shop?

Take a look at mine - you can see where they left glass exposed. IMO, you couldn't really get it in that far (glass seals are inward about 1" on the sides). Someone at another forum is saying that the three of us (so far) that have this "problem" got shafted. I tried to explain that it would be extremely tough to get in far enough to get the tint to lay down right, so they stopped where they did for a reason. He's saying he's a shadetree tint guy and would not accept that "quality."

Anyway, enough rambling...just tryin to figure out the deal here.

Take a look at the where the side windows meet the B pillar - see the gap in the tint? That's what we're talking about here. I'll try to get a better pic later.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:06 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I had my Impala it went right to the pillar. I would peel that **** off and make the installer do it again in front of me.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:49 AM
Teching In

Mine goes all the way to the pillar...Hate to say it Buff, but you got shafted..lol
Old 06-28-2007, 10:34 AM
TECH Resident

Sorry Buff, Mine goes all the way, and yes, it was done at a VERY reputable shop.

Old 06-28-2007, 12:18 PM
Teching In

Had my 06 Impala SS installed with a local reputable installer who I previously had install tint on my Vette, Silvy SS and previous truck. He was stumped for a few moments but then realized the window seal pulled back or off easily. Full tint all the way around. Take it back and have it done the right way!
Old 06-28-2007, 02:15 PM
TECH Addict

Interesting. I don't mind it as it's been almost 2 years since it was installed. I thought for sure there was a good reason for it...as i've seen it on other impala's in the area. Turns out they're all just lazy mother*******.

Anyway, i need to have mine redone anyway due to the kids and their _______ (fill in the blank with what you think they could have scratched the windows with). I'll make sure i point out what needs to go where.