LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

What the heck is this noise?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What the heck is this noise?

Ok weird one for the group, my '08 has developed an annoying noise anytime the turn signals are used...instead of just the click...click...click... every click is now followed by a high pitch buzz.. I know the clicker on the 06 and up is now routed through the radio like on my HHR but the radio works fine...any ideas?
Old 08-27-2007, 12:27 PM
TECH Resident

I think it's normal. I get the same thing. It's not that loud, just noticeable. I think it has something to do with the Bose system?
Old 08-27-2007, 12:38 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

can't hear mine at all..... not even the click click click.. there was an update months ago for the turn signal/radio volume...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 08-27-2007, 06:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by DropkickdSS
Ok weird one for the group, my '08 has developed an annoying noise anytime the turn signals are used...instead of just the click...click...click... every click is now followed by a high pitch buzz.. I know the clicker on the 06 and up is now routed through the radio like on my HHR but the radio works fine...any ideas?
I'm guessing just an small interference or feedback coming from the turn signal input in the radio....
Old 08-27-2007, 08:22 PM

thats what i thought, but there's no bulletins or anything about it...these cars dont seem to have individual problems...just ones others dont have yet....
Old 08-27-2007, 10:14 PM
TECH Junkie

thats what i thought, but there's no bulletins or anything about it...these cars dont seem to have individual problems...just ones others dont have yet....
There probably won't be a fix for it for a while, because many people need to have individual problems before they can submit a diagnosis and fix for the problem.

So, you sir, should feel cool for finding the root of the problem. I applaud you *Claps feverishly*.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:25 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

no, there are not bulletins about it... but it is a software flash/update to the computers in the car...

go here: http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web enter your VIN, click the Get CAL ID button, and go through the GM updates for all the systems in your car... you'll find it in there... again, there won't be a bulletin about it, but it IS a software update. I had mine done..

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com