LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Funny!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 10:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funny!!!

My daughter is 15 and has her permit... She has been driving with me enough to know I hunt down Mustang GTs and tease the heck out of them. I LOVE to BLOW THEIR DOORS OFF!

So tonight I picked her up from Cheerleading and let her drive home. We're driving along and a GT pulls in front of us. Now, my daughter drives the speed limit to the letter and drives SUPER WELL. But we catch a red light and the Mustang pulls in the right lane and we pull up next to it. Now she has watched me goose the car a little just to see if I draw interest. So when the light turns green, my baby thinks if she nails it, all she is going to do is make the mufflers roar. Little did she know the tires were going to light up too! You had to be in the car to see her face as nails it and the tires go up in smoke, the car jerks to the left and the tires are squealing loud. She immediately backed off, the Mustang shouts down too, and I am laughing my **** off and she saying, "I'm Sooo Sorry Daddy, I didn't mean to do it! Am I going to lose my right to drive?"

Now I have to tell ya:
1. I didn't know the tires would smoke with the TC "ON"
2. While it scared me, watching her jaw drop, and her eye pop out of her head, made me laugh.
3. How mad could I get at her for doing something she has seen me do way too often.

So we get home and I go to YouTube and pull up the white 2006 Monte SS Burning the tires off and say to my wife, want to hear how your daughter drives my car? and then I play the video with the commentary, "This is your daughter leaving a red." My daugther tries to explain herself... and the more she tries to explain the more she buries herself... mean while, I laughing my butt off.

Now... After it was all said and done... I was the one the wife yelled at and was given a lecture too. "See what you teaching your kids... Now I'm going to worry everytime she is driving..." blah, blah, blah... I sat there laughing and so did my daughter... at me!!!
Old 09-18-2007, 10:41 PM
TECH Resident

So, are you going to teach her the right way to do it?
Old 09-18-2007, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My daughter is 13 two more years to go untill i experience that
Old 09-19-2007, 12:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Truly classic
Old 09-19-2007, 07:24 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

4 more years to go for my daughter, 6 for my son... they will be driving the wife's car...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 09-19-2007, 08:13 AM
TECH Resident

haha good read first thing in the morning. I agree, you need to teach her to launch properly!
Old 09-19-2007, 08:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

haha awesome. And yea I was a little surprised when I smoked the tires with TC on too.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Great story ... good for you! Maybe a new way to bond with the daughter on Friday or Saturday night drags???

I remember the day my Dad lit up the tires of my '85 MCSS, big old grin on his face!

When I lived at home, he spent many nights helping pull motors, changing camshafts, etc.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:59 PM

Thats pretty funny man, my wife did the same thing the first time she punched the car after her old one, lol.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:30 PM
Staging Lane

The only mistake you made was telling the wife.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:57 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

that's why the wife hasn't touched my car... the only way she get's in is on the passenger side...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 09-22-2007, 09:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

My 9 year old daughter rats my wife out every time she burns the tires from a stop. The excuse, I'm not used to the power compared to my car, to which I reply, then don't drive it. She conveniently ignores that one. Thank God she can’t drive a stick. My Z is safe.