LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Picked up an 06 Imp SS, some problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 11:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picked up an 06 Imp SS, some problems

I've joined the LS4 crowd, it is my daily driver so I can upgrade the T/A. I bought it from an insurance auction so it is not under factory warranty anymore. I'm having a little trouble with the brakes though, the pedal sticks every so often. I have checked/ replaced everything except the sensor on the vacuum booster. Does anyone know what this sensor is called? or what it does? I can't find it to order online. Also if I'm getting the Evap leak error code the probable cause is the solenoid on the vapor canister right? Thanks in advance for your help. These cars are new to me, but i'm looking forward to learning, just not through things breaking hopefully. I do have the body work part of it down though, they make things a lot to easier replace now.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:57 PM
TECH Addict

If the code is p0445, that's what i have, and they replaced the solenoid. However, one day later i got p0449...somethin about EVAP system intermittent. No answer for your brake issue, though.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Staging Lane

thanks for the reply, i've ordered a new solenoid and filler cap. we'll see how that works