LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

nelson tune...

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 12:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default nelson tune...

Hi all.
I read on Nelson's website that they tune for our cars. I have heard many good things about Allen Nelson from the truck forums and since he's only about a 3 hour drive from me I may try that route. Do any of you have any experience with our cars and Nelson?
Thanks,
BJ
Old 01-01-2008, 02:02 PM
Launching!

where do u live?
Old 01-01-2008, 08:03 PM
TECH Junkie

I think we have been over this ten times...canned shop tunes are good, and are generally better than stock, but buying HPT and learning how to rune yourself would grant you larger opportunities to fine tune the car yourself.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

Actually, they offer canned tunes, custom dyno tunes, AND they are an HP Tuner vendor, so I think that is an option as well.
I agree that using HP tuners and doing it yourself is the optimal route, if you have the time to test and tune or the resources to educate you. I work alot and I have a very busy family life so for me it is better to borrow from the learnings of others, people who have tuned with a great deal of repetitive success, regardless of the method (believe me, I'd rather do all of it myself, but time simply doesn't allow for it.)
Hats off to anyone who tunes on their own...one day I'll get around to it.

Thank you,
BJ

Oh, and I'm in Houston.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:56 AM
12 Second Club

Where is this? I'm in San Antonio, and would like to find them. Any chance your talking about Nelson Performance here in SA? Any price on this, slomaro2.
Tate
Old 01-02-2008, 05:13 PM
On The Tree

You are correct about Nelson Performance Tuning. I'm not sure about the pricing, but they show an a-la-carte price schedule on their website. Again, I haven't tried their tunes personally, but everyone on LS1Truck and PerformanceTruck.net swears by their tunes. I came accross one negative post about them in the past and Allen promptly contacted that person and retuned the computer. I think it was on a mail-in magnacharger tune.

Thanks,
BJ