LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

dumb down pipe u bend question

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 01:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dumb down pipe u bend question

so ive been looking around on the forums and i hear mentions of the down pipe replacement and u bend. I know what the down pipe is but what is the u bend??? Also there was alot of disscusion about dp w/ w/o cat. can u get just a dp to use with say a magnaflow catback or do u have to get the dp w/ the high flow cat and then just piece the rest of the magnaflow together????

Last question totally off topic. Whats the best place to get and hp tuner?? Also whats up with the credits, does it just determine the number of different cars u can use it on ie i only care about my car so i dont need to buy exra credits?? thanks guys
Old 02-07-2008, 08:34 AM
TECH Addict

The uBend is the place where the O2 sensor is screwed into the exhaust. It's a slight bend downward to allow the sensor to be installed in a manner that keeps it up and out of harms way. In previous W-body vehicles, this bend was nasty, narrowing the flow by almost 50% (my guess). The new V8s aren't nearly as bad, but it's a bend nonetheless.

Regarding the cat vs. no cat issue, it depends on what you want. www.hoganperformance.com/WBodyGM.htm can get your a DP with an "off road" straight pipe to the MF catback, or slap a high-flow cat in there. It would still bolt up to the MF, though.

I like this idea though. For a small amount more, you can go catted or not depending on your mood at the time http://www.hoganperformance.com/dp13s.htm

The only place to get HPt is at their website. And yes, the credits go towards the vehicles that you can tune with your software. If you're only tuning your car, just but the basic kit. You can always add credits later on if needed.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:42 AM
Teching In

thanks for the info man, i was reading all over and just couldnt figure it out
Old 02-09-2008, 12:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

www.3800performance.com They have teh HP tuners instock, ready to ship. Rob is a great guy to deal with.