LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Have an appointment to get PCM tuned!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008 | 11:27 AM
On The Tree

Default Have an appointment to get PCM tuned!

This Friday (3/28) I will be driving down to see Mike at Milzy Motorsports so he can write me a PCM (well in this case I guess ECM/TCM). I will have the K&N setup, and 3" catless downpipe. I'm also gonna see if he can do anything about the traction control not completely getting turned off as well as shift points and other various changes I would like. I will let you guys know how it turns out but, I'm pretty excited to squeeze a few more ponies out of the Imp.

Last edited by Tap Dat SS; 03-25-2008 at 11:46 AM.
Old 03-25-2008 | 02:05 PM
TECH Addict

IDK if there is anything you can do about the Differential Score Protection, unfortunately. That's what's "still there" after turning off the TC.

Do post the results. Mike is well-known for his work on the 3800, and it's nice to hear he's willing to play with the LS4, too. A while ago he and I discussed doing a set of prototype headers, but the distance between us and the overall R&D process made it impossible due to this being my DD.

Good luck!
Old 03-25-2008 | 03:40 PM
TECH Regular

I bought parts off Mike years ago when I had my 1999 Monte Z34 3800 (miss that car). He had the same exact car in black with a cammed L67. Does he still have it?? Hes a good guy I'm sure he'll make sure your car's tune is perfect and that you're satisfied.
Old 03-25-2008 | 04:59 PM
TECH Resident

Milzy is a stand up guy and has some of the best customer service around. He tuned my 04 Monte SS S/C and was dead on with everything. If you like what he does in the tune, I might go that route with him again.
Old 03-31-2008 | 02:10 PM
On The Tree

All I can say is I am more in love with the Impala. I installed the catless DP the night before getting it tuned and was much impressed with the sound. It's now louder but not ridiculous. The car really sounds great. I don't think I'm gonna touch anythin else on the exhuast. I had Milzy take care of some of my pet peeves with the tune such as shift points, neutral/park rev limiter and such and he worked his magic with the fuel and spark. The car is so much more responsive and just pulls like a hoss in the top end. I am very pleased with the outcome. Mike is a stand-up guy and has great customer service. I would recommend his services to anyone. He did a great job plus, I got to see some of the cool projects he's currently working on. BTW he is interested in making some headers for the LS4's. I told him he shouild get on that but he wants to make sure there is a market for it. Maybe ya'll should send him an email suggesting he go ahead and start making some up.
Old 03-31-2008 | 03:22 PM
TECH Addict

He's been interested in the header project for a looooong time...he needs a test mule, though, and no one can afford to give up their DD.