LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Help me smoke my tires!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 08:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me smoke my tires!

Ok so I think Im talking about that anti-scortch protection, IDK. So anyways when I go around a corner or take off with from a turn, even with my TC turned off, it will still kick in and prevent me from spinning my tires, Im guessing to keep the wheels from spinning at different speeds. SO my ? is how do I get rid of this?
Old 04-09-2008, 09:07 PM
TECH Regular

tuning. take out your torque managment but u dont want to spin your tires around a corner
Old 04-09-2008, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As much as i don't like this if you turn it off you will kill your differential if you want to smoke your tires you need to do it in a straight line where both will spin together. But if you don't care about your differential get a HP tuner and you can turn off score protection i believe.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm not saying I want to always do it. But when I took off from out of work yesterday it realy pissed me off. I was turning right and 3/4 the way through the turn I floored it and it fell on its face, and made me feal like a real ***. And needless to say I don't want that to happen again.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:59 AM
TECH Resident

Turns bad, floor it in a straight line!
Old 04-10-2008, 09:13 AM
Staging Lane

get it moving good before the turn steer into then straighten it out and let the rubber fly

i almost got hit when my car decided to "manage" some torque in the middle of a turn into busy traffic
Old 04-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Staging Lane

Aww heck, turn it off. Imagine the 'round the corner smokeshow with a flying gear grinding sound effects finale! That would rock!
Old 04-10-2008, 02:43 PM
Staging Lane

if I remember correctly, it was qouted by a GM engineer or someone similar that the LS4 was pretty good at ripping the front subframe in half during high torque turns as well. Though I'd guess that is probably a side effect of reoccuring abuse or something.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jnmartin
get it moving good before the turn steer into then straighten it out and let the rubber fly

i almost got hit when my car decided to "manage" some torque in the middle of a turn into busy traffic
So did i , i floored it without traction control on across the road in a slight turn and it lurched me in the middle of 6 lane arlington tx traffic. I just leave traction control on i can smoke the tires with it on and it keeps one wheel from spinning more then the other so it doesn't surge like that.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

OK PEEPS, this is the first time I actually nailed it on my way outa work, or anytime for that matter, I had the TC off, and a guy from work I like that was bein a dick at the time to get on to the road, (which is a really busy shitty road(RT20), half the traffic that enters this road is a garbage truck, and the road really suxxx, many pot holes) this is my first time nailing the gas and holding on to it, in the 6 months since Ive owned the car. So as I said the TC was off but still reacted, I was mostly straight, maybe in a pothole, IDK, but that DAMN TC still showed up and flashed on the insterment panel, and my MCSS Fell on its face. For you pepole that think Im a dumbass for nailing the gas at 3/4-7/8 of the turn and still burn me for trying to spinn my *** off, F-OFF, Im simply venting that this silly-*** ANTI-SCORTCH, **** sux ***. So don't flame me for something you have done and won't addmit todoing. Just trying to figure out my next mod.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:46 PM
Staging Lane

I have seen the TC light up while off b4 mostly on GM trucks 06 Monte may same type TC program 07 impy SS must have different programing cause mine never lites or kinda works anyway when it's off it lites them heavy. I work in a dealer so I driver alot of cars I think I have a tech with a 06 Monte I will ask him 4 ya
Old 04-10-2008, 09:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

cool thanx!!
Old 04-11-2008, 07:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

No ones flaming. It's happened to all of us when we first got our cars and didn't know about it. There's just no reason to get rid of it unless you have lots of money set aside for repairs. It's there for a reason.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 06WHITEMCSS
OK PEEPS, this is the first time I actually nailed it on my way outa work, or anytime for that matter, I had the TC off, and a guy from work I like that was bein a dick at the time to get on to the road, (which is a really busy shitty road(RT20), half the traffic that enters this road is a garbage truck, and the road really suxxx, many pot holes) this is my first time nailing the gas and holding on to it, in the 6 months since Ive owned the car. So as I said the TC was off but still reacted, I was mostly straight, maybe in a pothole, IDK, but that DAMN TC still showed up and flashed on the insterment panel, and my MCSS Fell on its face. For you pepole that think Im a dumbass for nailing the gas at 3/4-7/8 of the turn and still burn me for trying to spinn my *** off, F-OFF, Im simply venting that this silly-*** ANTI-SCORTCH, **** sux ***. So don't flame me for something you have done and won't addmit todoing. Just trying to figure out my next mod.

Wtf are you talking about "wont admit to doing" , "flaming" ?