LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Wheels for GP GXp

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 11:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheels for GP GXp

I have been searching the internet for some wheels for my newly aquired toy & I've come up with nothing until I saw the Bonneville GXP similar Sport Edition kv5's from tire rack.When I called they said they didn't have anything for the GXP. He also stated that regular GP wheels won't fit & warned me to be careful when wheel shopping. 1)What offset should I be looking for?
2)Will Boneville GXP wheels fit a GP GXP?
3)Can anyone share some links for wheels that apply?
I'm a newbie to this forum so thanks in advance for all the info.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:08 AM
TECH Addict

You can put any 18" wheels on there with a +35mm offset, so long as they're 5x115bp, iirc. You just won't have the reverse-staggered wheel setup that the car was designed for. Due to the different size wheels, you're not going to find much online specifically for the GXP. Just look for wheels for a standard GP or Impala and go from there.

And be prepared...most GXP owners swear by the OE wheels, so you may get virtually slapped upside your head for considering otherwise.

.....But why would you replace your current wheels with almost identical wheels, anyway?
Old 05-13-2008, 08:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Old 05-13-2008, 02:22 PM
Teching In

I bought my gxp used and the guy before me had put 20" rims on it. 275/30's on the front and 245/35's on the rear.

At first I didn't think there was any rubbing, but if I do turn the wheels all the way to one direction or the other there is a little bit of rubbing. But not much. My sig has a link to the wheels I'm using, I'll have to figure out the offset though.

Quick Reply: Wheels for GP GXp