LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Just ordered the SSC springs.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 08:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
Someone said that prices went up "due to rising costs in steel" right after I bought them. Looks like I bought them at the right time. 2"/3" is a big drop, do the Imps really sit that much higher than the MC's?
To be honest, I don't think the Monte sits any lower than the Imp in stock form. Not sure why that big drop is available to us and not you. No one had mentioned it before, or at least not that I had seen. The cost of steel did not go up THAT high. One of you guys posted that their price went up something like $30 b/c they got them after the price increase.

SSWS6, Oh, absolutely not...no 2"/3" drop for me, thank you. If the price is that high, I'll definitely do something else (Eibach) instead. How do you like them after all this time? How many miles on your struts?

Someone here was selling the Eibach kit a while ago...I'll have to check w/him to see if he still has it.

EDIT: got a response re: Impala SSC Springs:

Impala SS uses a different design from the Monte Carlo or Grand Prix or the regular Impala. The design calls for a higher rate and higher loads, and therefore requires a heavier wire. The manufacturing process is a little more complex. Hence the extra cost.

Andrew
Anyway. I'm not interested in paying $300+ for these...so I'll be looking elsewhere. Pretty certain I have to do the struts, too, so I need to factor in another $200 or so as well. Only saving grace is that I'll put them together myself and save on install.

Last edited by BuffaloSS; 06-12-2008 at 11:00 AM.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:53 PM
TECH Junkie

I don't know about you guys, but 3" would put my tire up into the fender. That's a little much. I like the lowered, aggressive look, but I don't want the gangsta look with the tires rubbin' all up in the fenders. That sucks about the SSC pricing, and I didn't know that these cars were all that different. I bet Eibach is perfectly good...so go with them Buff. But if you do go with SSC, they customer service and quality is top notch.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got my springs yesterday, took less than a week to get here. That's pretty good coming from Canada. Hopefully I'll have time to put them in next week.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by supercatxr7
Got my springs yesterday, took less than a week to get here. That's pretty good coming from Canada. Hopefully I'll have time to put them in next week.
Yeah they are quick...mine were just delayed because of memorial day weekend. get'em on and then we'll have more pics to spread around to show the guys that these springs are the real deal.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:58 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BuffaloSS
SSWS6, Oh, absolutely not...no 2"/3" drop for me, thank you. If the price is that high, I'll definitely do something else (Eibach) instead. How do you like them after all this time? How many miles on your struts?

Someone here was selling the Eibach kit a while ago...I'll have to check w/him to see if he still has it.
I like them very much and people that have been in my car before and after the install don't notice any difference in ride. I think it rides a slight bit stiffer, but not enough to complain about. My struts have 32k miles on them. When I first got the springs I was thinking of getting new struts, but now that I've had the springs for awhile I don't see any reason to. I just put my new wheels/tires on yesterday and one thing I did notice is the passenger side of the car seems to sit just a bit lower than the driver side, but I'm hoping that the car just hasn't fully settled from being jacked up yet.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:59 AM
TECH Addict

B/c I (cough) tow (cough) with the car, I think I've stressed my struts & springs in the rear too much, which is why I'm leaning towards doing them both at the same time. No sense taking it all apart, installing the springs, only to find out that the struts can't handle the lessened amount of travel.

Glad you like them. After I get HPt, I think I'll start putting money towards the springs & struts....pushing the D/S rotors & new pads further down the list But I STILL need to roll the fenders, so I guess I just reorganized my priorities within the same post
Old 06-13-2008, 08:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BuffaloSS
B/c I (cough) tow (cough) with the car, I think I've stressed my struts & springs in the rear too much, which is why I'm leaning towards doing them both at the same time. No sense taking it all apart, installing the springs, only to find out that the struts can't handle the lessened amount of travel.

Glad you like them. After I get HPt, I think I'll start putting money towards the springs & struts....pushing the D/S rotors & new pads further down the list But I STILL need to roll the fenders, so I guess I just reorganized my priorities within the same post
Priorities priorities....those are a b.

Quick Reply: Just ordered the SSC springs.