LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

nos install a success?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 12:47 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nos install a success?

had the system installed today..took 10 HOURS!!..started at about 4 pm today and ran into some trouble half way in that took 45 min to figure out then mounted the bottle, ran the wires to the solenoids, mounted the solenoids to the firewall, custom fabed the purge kit so that it shoots straight up the middle of the windshield (looks sick), then did all the electrical work...then when came time to test it out the purge kit worked fine but the window switch, which was mounted to the back of the accelerator to engage at WOT, was not getting any power to the nitrous or fuel solenoids so that took us 3 hours to figure out that the window switch that came with the kit wouldnt hold charge so basically all i have for now is a nitrous kit that purges until i can go out this week and buy a push button like fast and the furious style, i will take pics tomorrow after work and have them up asap
Old 06-01-2008, 08:53 AM
Staging Lane

I would stick with a window switch.....the button is not very reliable in my opinion. I have seen quite a few people get excited and press the button prematurely and the engine goes BOOM BOOM. stick with the switch.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:38 PM
Launching!

Did you ever get your lowering springs fixed?
Old 06-02-2008, 11:06 AM
Launching!

there was no problem with them they just didnt settle before i took the pics ill have the pics of the nos in later after i get the camera fixed
Old 06-28-2008, 03:34 PM
Staging Lane

Do you have pics yet? Could you post them?
Old 05-10-2009, 07:22 AM
Staging Lane

Default 100 dry shot

I've been installing my dynotune dry kit on the Gxp for the last three or four days, haven't been getting but 30min to 1.5hr each day due to rain and these 12hr days at work. I got my bottle mounted yesterday and the 10lb bottle fit perfect under the lid where the air compressor goes on the gxp or spare on the Monte and Imp for those of you who want to hide your bottle. It'll probably be Monday evening before I finish it up and next Sunday before I get to the track wit busy work schedule. I can't wait to what kind of difference it makes!
Old 05-10-2009, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1 badd gxp
I've been installing my dynotune dry kit on the Gxp for the last three or four days, haven't been getting but 30min to 1.5hr each day due to rain and these 12hr days at work. I got my bottle mounted yesterday and the 10lb bottle fit perfect under the lid where the air compressor goes on the gxp or spare on the Monte and Imp for those of you who want to hide your bottle. It'll probably be Monday evening before I finish it up and next Sunday before I get to the track wit busy work schedule. I can't wait to what kind of difference it makes!
Glad u tried that out. That was were i was thinking of mounting my bottle when i get the kit.