LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

HHO: Who's first?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 11:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 05CherryGXP
Bullshit, if a thousand dollar kit and some water was all it took to double fuel econ GM, Ford, Chrysler and all the foreign companies would be offering this **** straight from the factory.
EEEHHHHH!!!! wrong!!!!.........we know how corrupt this world is.....they are getting paid by gas companies to keep mpg as low as they can go....and of course government they need to raise the mpg.....so they are in the middle.....but there have been people who have made cars that ran on water......and one of them tried to mass produce it.......then died.....hhhhmmmm......
Old 10-28-2008, 07:11 PM
Staging Lane

Gm has spent millions of dollars developing the electric car the Volt ,DOD,Hybreds you goverment conspirecy people just blow my mine at how fucked up you people are and you know who you are ufo's, man on the moon, world trade center, ect. maybe you all can start your own fantasy forum where you can share your warped thoughts/theorys
Old 10-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Moscosoalfredo
EEEHHHHH!!!! wrong!!!!.........we know how corrupt this world is.....they are getting paid by gas companies to keep mpg as low as they can go....and of course government they need to raise the mpg.....so they are in the middle.....but there have been people who have made cars that ran on water......and one of them tried to mass produce it.......then died.....hhhhmmmm......
the same government which killed gm's rear wheel drive impala because the camaro fuel economy took the average mpg of the product line over mandated government regulation #'s which forced gm to kill the project. All manufactuers must follow strict regulations and they are based on average economy over the product line and can't exceed that #. So the goverment is trying to get away from oil dependency. maybe not Bush but that is about to change
Old 10-28-2008, 07:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Moscosoalfredo
Its all part of GM's master plan to lose billions of dollars a year and go out of business rather than offer a fuel efficient car that the masses would flock to buy. Those evil execs are just smart like that.

Those oil kickbacks totally make it worth it.

[I'm hoping you're troll and not a moron]
Old 10-28-2008, 08:30 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

BS, plain and simple...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 10-28-2008, 11:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 05CherryGXP
Its all part of GM's master plan to lose billions of dollars a year and go out of business rather than offer a fuel efficient car that the masses would flock to buy. Those evil execs are just smart like that.

Those oil kickbacks totally make it worth it.

[I'm hoping you're troll and not a moron]
roflmfao x2. If it was worth doing and DOUBLED your economy then GM would have done it , They are trying really hard to make economy cars for there customers so they will not buy a honda or another vechicle.

Yes cars run on pure water but its dangerous and extremly expensive.

Do you want to be rear ended with a 20 gallon tank of hydrogen ? Well i kinda hope you do :X
Old 10-29-2008, 12:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You guys are KILLING me here >_<

Of course it's a scam -_-

HHO AKA Dihydrogen Monoxide AKA Hydrogen Hydrogen Oxygen AKA H2O AKA WATER!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrogen_monoxide_hoax

"HHO Gas"... WATER VAPOR! Doesn't take all that much energy to produce as you guys are thinking. Take a cup of water and throw it on your hot engine WATER VAPOR! But seriously, don't throw water on a hot engine, you risk cracking it!

Can we lock the thread now?

(*BTW there is water injection, but it's not used for the same purpose)
Old 11-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Formula350
You guys are KILLING me here >_<

Of course it's a scam -_-

HHO AKA Dihydrogen Monoxide AKA Hydrogen Hydrogen Oxygen AKA H2O AKA WATER!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrogen_monoxide_hoax

"HHO Gas"... WATER VAPOR! Doesn't take all that much energy to produce as you guys are thinking. Take a cup of water and throw it on your hot engine WATER VAPOR! But seriously, don't throw water on a hot engine, you risk cracking it!

Can we lock the thread now?

(*BTW there is water injection, but it's not used for the same purpose)
Wrong.

Brown's gas is not water vapor. Water/steam consists of two hydrogen atoms bounded with one atom of oxygen. Brown's gas is a mixture of hydrogen and oxygen gas, but the hydrogen and oxygen atoms are not bonded together. Just to recap, water/steam is H20, while HHO gas is H2 and 02 molecules.

That being said, the whole HHO thing is a scam. As mentioned before, you cannot violate the laws of thermodynamics.

I did have some guy come into Autozone the other day with one of these devices he built himself. He had it on his Vortec engine and said that his mileage on the highway went from 19mpg to 25mpg. I can't figure out if he's trying to lie to me, or if he's actually convinced that he's getting better mileage.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you really want to save money then i would suggest you guys invest in a distillery and start mixing your own ethanol mix! My wifes family has been making ethanol for years so i'm going to try make my own small distillery enough for my family and friends and see how that works out. You do need a license and you are required to mix a small amount of gasoline into the mixture to make it un-edible
Old 11-05-2008, 09:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sint3k
If you really want to save money then i would suggest you guys invest in a distillery and start mixing your own ethanol mix! My wifes family has been making ethanol for years so i'm going to try make my own small distillery enough for my family and friends and see how that works out. You do need a license and you are required to mix a small amount of gasoline into the mixture to make it un-edible
I've thought about this, and after research, concluded that it wouldn't be economical. The cost of sugar would for the most part, far outweigh the cost of gasoline. What is your wife's family using to make ethanol? Do they live on a farm?
Old 11-06-2008, 09:50 PM
Teching In

you know what I am always curious about?...

the exhaust... and the fact your using water

now I'm no physicist so I'm not sure if the water molecules will rebond after the combustion process, but somehow I doubt it.
so perhaps the reason no major manufacturer is going nutz over HHO isn't just that it's basically as scam but the fact that it still uses a limited resource. A resource in high demand depending on your area and season, since I recall there are still occasionally draughts and water rationing even within the US.This is also assuming that you can't use sea water based on the contaminants in it. Or for that matter human waste..or animal which is the awesome plan slated for commercial trucks over the next few model years ..(wahoo me .."time to go fill the urate bottles")
Old 11-14-2008, 01:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
BS, plain and simple...
couldn't have said it better my friend!
Old 11-14-2008, 05:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cmbtengnr
you know what I am always curious about?...

the exhaust... and the fact your using water <snip> A resource in high demand depending on your area and season, since I recall there are still occasionally draughts and water rationing even within the US.
Actually you've hit on what I consider to be the biggest (and least pointed out) limitation on the corn based ethonal scam in the USA. Where do the politicians think the water to grow all that corn is going to come from? They gonna legislate it into existance?

My rants against ethonal are legendary, the stuff of folk songs half the World over, but beyond the fact that it is inefficient to make and use corn based ethonal and costs the consumer in more hidden/secondary ways that you can shake a stick at, the high water demands of basing our mobile energy use needs on it is untenable. It flat out won't work and if it did, it is stupid and wasteful.

Now, as to this other pie-in-the-sky proposition. Please let it die. Unless the politico's are going to enact a law repealing most of thermodynamics after they vote in more rain, it is a crock.

Quick Reply: HHO: Who's first?