LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

ZZP Shift Kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZZP Shift Kit

Just received ZZP shift kit today, no instructions? I am going to follow the shift kit post instructions but what shims is everyone using on the 1-2 and 2-3?
Old 07-13-2008, 09:38 PM
Launching!

I followed zzp's instructions. Think i used 1 inch spacers on 2-3 and 1 1 inch spacer and 3/4 inch spacer on 1-2 accumulator, if my memory serves me correctly. I also have my shift pressure increased with my HP Tune.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:51 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MonteSS8707
I followed zzp's instructions. Think i used 1 inch spacers on 2-3 and 1 1 inch spacer and 3/4 inch spacer on 1-2 accumulator, if my memory serves me correctly. I also have my shift pressure increased with my HP Tune.
Hows the shifting feel??......solid? with zzp shift kit+HP Tune do you think the transmission will hold and for how long??thanks for the info.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:13 PM
Launching!

With the zzp shift kit alone the upshifts were a lot more crisp and the downshifts were definitely harder. None of the shifts were harsh but noticably quicker and more felt. When I increased the line pressure, it firmed up the shifts even more. It doesn't bark the tires, but it shifts like a stage 2 shift kit in a muscle car. Its perfect for me and keeps me in the safe range for my trans. I've got 19,000 miles on my trans and it performs like a winner everyday with no problems. Shift kits and increasing line pressure can actually help the trans live longer. You have less slippage and that generates less heat. But some ppl get greedy and crank up the pressure too much and then you find what is your weakest link inside your trans. These aren't the strongest built trans in the world, but I think a shift kit and increasing line pressures will aid in lifespan of this trans. You just cant get too carried away.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:11 AM
Teching In

How did you increase the line pressure?
Old 08-27-2008, 11:24 PM
Launching!

Increase the line pressure in the trans section on HP Tuners. U can change shift points also with this program. Do a search on here about HP Tuners and you will find out all about it. Its good ****.

Quick Reply: ZZP Shift Kit