LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Hello Everyone!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 05:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello Everyone!

Well, I've been lurking here for about three months, so I figured it was time to introduce myself, and ask my first mod question. I'm Clay from Oak Creek WI driving a black 2006 GXP. I've had the car about three months and love it! And thanks to all of you here, I've already learned a hell of a lot about the car.

I am the previous owner of three 4.6L Mustang GT's, a 98 and two 03's. I needed a front wheel drive car to get me through Wisconsin's crazy winters, but didn't want to sacrifice performance if possible. I had read about the GXP in Car and Driver and thought it sounded like a great car, so I started shopping around. I found what I wanted, strangely enough, at the same Ford dealership that sold me all three Mustangs.

The GXP simply has this awesome combination of power, comfort, features, fuel economy, brakes, and looks that is hard to find anywhere else. I fell in love with it about 30 seconds into the test drive!

Okay, sorry if that was too much info, but I do want to ask a question. Is it possible to add an aftermarket amp and sub to the Monsoon system, and keep the stock amp? I have a spare amp and sub sitting around with no home, and I do think the monsoon needs some more bass. Otherwise it is a great system and I don't want to mess with it. If it is possible, what equipment do I need? I've heard of the PAC AOEM-GM24, but am not sure if is the right interface. What have you all used? Thanks in advance!
Old 08-15-2008, 08:21 PM
Launching!

How about that, another Oak Creek native. Welcome!!
Old 08-15-2008, 08:34 PM
Teching In

Thank you! I did see a silver GXP around about two months ago on the Rawson Ave off ramp, maybe it was you?

As far as my audio question goes, I'm looking for something more W-body related. I know people here have added an amp and sub to the factory system, I just want to know how they did it. The link neilownz provided was very good, but it only talked about the F-body. And I have used the search function, but came up with nothing. Your help is certainly appreciated!
Old 08-15-2008, 08:48 PM
Launching!

That's the way I come home from work every day, so probably. Sorry I cant help out with the audio though, I haven't touched it yet.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All you need to do is find out where your factory amp is and then locate what wire is what by finding a diagram for it. Then find out if your amp has subwoofer outputs if not then you'll use the rear outputs for a signal wire. Wire them into a converter for RCA jacks.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

I believe this is what i used http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Metra...oductDetail.do works like a charm and retains onstar and door chime. expensive, but it made the install go very quickly.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sint3k
All you need to do is find out where your factory amp is and then locate what wire is what by finding a diagram for it. Then find out if your amp has subwoofer outputs if not then you'll use the rear outputs for a signal wire. Wire them into a converter for RCA jacks.

welcome, and thats what i did and it worked perfect. the rear speakers are 2 ways so make sure you tap into the sub wires and you will be fine!