LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

turn signal

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008 | 08:01 PM
Teching In

Default turn signal

i have an issue with the girlfriends car and was wondering if anyone here could shed some light on my situation. the car is a 2002 buick park avenue ultra and when the car is first started in the morning the left turn signal works fine. after about 10 flashes it stops working completely. there are no flashing lights on the dash and the signals dont work outside either. drive without a signal all day then leave the car overnight then the situation repeats itself. anyone ever heard of this happening before? if so what was the problem?
Old 08-21-2008 | 09:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds like you should only make right turns, LOL, JK. maybe replace the flasher, or look for a ground in the circuit.
Old 08-22-2008 | 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by fyhgxp06
i have an issue with the girlfriends car and was wondering if anyone here could shed some light on my situation. the car is a 2002 buick park avenue ultra and when the car is first started in the morning the left turn signal works fine. after about 10 flashes it stops working completely. there are no flashing lights on the dash and the signals dont work outside either. drive without a signal all day then leave the car overnight then the situation repeats itself. anyone ever heard of this happening before? if so what was the problem?
Theres a module that makes the turn signal flash. A peice of metal heats up and contracts making and disconnecting a connection. Should be in the dash some where.
Old 08-22-2008 | 08:17 PM
Teching In

thanks guys, thats pretty funny because i was just telling her how to get to work by only making right hand turns. it makes a 4 mile drive about 15 miles
Old 08-23-2008 | 05:26 AM
On The Tree

If it's like my 02 GTP the flasher relay is a silver cylinder up by the e-brake pedal.
Old 08-23-2008 | 10:58 AM
TECH Addict

Never thought about the relay heating up and becoming inop. Definitely a good start. Head to autozone and buy one...it'll only be a couple dollars. If you send the gf to get it, she might be able to get them to install it for her, too, so you don't have to get dirty.