LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Anyone tried to change the dome light?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 08:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone tried to change the dome light?

If anyone has tried to change their dome light bulb, let me know, because I don't want to break it.

Doe the whole thing pry off with a screwdriver, or do I only pry off the plastic lens?
Old 09-03-2008, 08:31 PM
TECH Junkie

All I know is that I want to rip that **** outta my car. High quality audio + bass equals a buzzing and rattling dome light. Plus now my exhaust makes the thing buzz. I swear I'm booting it.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:53 PM
TECH Addict

Funny you mention this tonight. I was out there messing with the halos and the wife said that the dome light wasn't turning on. I hit it and it turned on...so I shut the door and locked it...light goes out, but won't come back on when I unlock the car. I took a look and pried at the driver side of the lens and it swings down. It's weird, though, b'c there is a "Z" shaped bracket on the P/S of the lens that holds both the lens and the complete light assembly into the headliner.

Anyway, long story short...you should see a little area on the D/S of the light where you can pry at the lens with a flat screwdriver. It might look like it doesn't want to come out, but it eventually will. After the first time, it's easier to do.