Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 12:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the support bro!
Old 11-07-2008, 12:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

none of it was a joke per say, but a lot of the items are ridiculous. read the other posts and youd understand. thanks LT1...I know next to nothing about suspension bolotons other than that they are important and I need to learn about them lol. thanks.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ws6 grill inserts
battery relocator
boost controller
custom ecu
sunglasses
sunglasses mount
custom dome light
car tool kit/tool case
ANY reasonable weight reduction
radio codes
cd holder
ipod
custom glove compartment light
car cover
maps
car documentation
car manual
switchblade/butterfly/assisted opening knife
utility knife
sun reflector
jack stands etc
spike strips
license plate spray/cover
first aid kit
food box
fire extinguisher
fire exting mount
ls1 side scoops
exhaust flamethrower
custom roll cage
camera
two way radios
flashlight
batteries
police sticker
dvds
pepper spray
duck tape
racing gloves
kleenex
custom shift ****
condoms
custom weather stripping
custom emblems
ram air airbox
painted emblems
custom mirrors and stickers
timing change
valve covers
oil pan
custom alternator
turbo timer
fuel rail
oil catchcan
baton
towels
sun lotion
hand sanitizer
massage seat
night vision scope
windshield wipers
car fluids
steering wheel lock
shop vac
kill switch
magazines
custom ac and other *****
zipo
jumper cables
lug nuts
racing stripes
tire gauge

i just think you got a LITTLE carried away.......?
Old 11-07-2008, 01:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

^^ lol at the massage seat
Old 11-07-2008, 01:42 AM
TECH Regular

wow this thread was informative and a good laugh...i would not go with the QTP cut out...IMO i think DMH cut outs are better...QTP i hear uses plastic gears and DMH uses metal gears to open and close the valve...metal def lasts longer then plastic and i have a friend who has already replaced his QTP due to the fact that the gears broke...just my two cents since their kinda pricey for someone on a low budget
Old 11-07-2008, 02:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LT1-Camo
wow this thread was informative and a good laugh...i would not go with the QTP cut out...IMO i think DMH cut outs are better...QTP i hear uses plastic gears and DMH uses metal gears to open and close the valve...metal def lasts longer then plastic and i have a friend who has already replaced his QTP due to the fact that the gears broke...just my two cents since their kinda pricey for someone on a low budget
sounds like something else.. but that was GM being cheap on my damn headlights..
Old 11-07-2008, 08:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

QTP Does use plastic gears, Had mine apart and replaced one gear after about 9k... course I had to use it a lot with all the cops around
Originally Posted by LT1-Camo
Old 11-07-2008, 09:50 AM
11 Second Club

yea dude def calm down on the list lol.... first half was good, but def look for used parts that u can get away with u will save big $$$
Old 11-07-2008, 01:07 PM
TECH Resident

where did you pic up a gmmg cat back for 550??????
Old 11-07-2008, 05:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

I tell you what, those massage seats are nice. They can put you to sleep while you are driving...jk.

Thanks lt1-camo. I am glad you saw the humor in it. I dont know anything about DMH, but I will look into them when the times comes...

Ryle, you should come here. The cops are mostly asses, but dont pay much attention to anything. I was taking a sound clip of my exhaust today and I put tape over my license plate to cover it up, but I forgot about it and drove with it on and I had a cop right behind me for about 1.5-2 min who never pulled me over...must've been a sale at Krispy Kreams.

CamaroRacing12, I agree with you on the used part bit. I want quality and there are things where I want the best of the best, but I am always looking for a bargain.

EliteCamaro94, I picked up the exhaust on here from SRZ who took it off of his supercharged (silas rendition) camaro with CME tips. I couldn't use the tips for my Trans am, but he gave me a great deal on the exhaust and was a pleasure to do business with. Stand up guy. Even though it came without tips it was still quite a bargain since it came with all install components, had only been driven for about 1,000 miles and the price included shipping(which ended up being outrageous!!!). Now I have my Corsa clones from ebay and I am all good. If you are looking for one too, google is your friend. Try typing on googles: craigslist gmmg or GMMG for sale or selling gmmg oval etc etc etc.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:07 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by brucealmighty744
Thanks lt1-camo. I am glad you saw the humor in it. I dont know anything about DMH, but I will look into them when the times comes...

EliteCamaro94, I picked up the exhaust on here from SRZ who took it off of his supercharged (silas rendition) camaro with CME tips. I couldn't use the tips for my Trans am, but he gave me a great deal on the exhaust and was a pleasure to do business with. Stand up guy. Even though it came without tips it was still quite a bargain since it came with all install components, had only been driven for about 1,000 miles and the price included shipping(which ended up being outrageous!!!). Now I have my Corsa clones from ebay and I am all good. If you are looking for one too, google is your friend. Try typing on googles: craigslist gmmg or GMMG for sale or selling gmmg oval etc etc etc.
yea i heard only good things about DMH cut outs...and their pretty much the same price...and yea i saw that you paid like $500 shipped for a GMMG and my jaw dropped...its like stealin candy from a baby...awesome deal...one day i will have one !!
Old 11-08-2008, 12:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chace02ws6
Umm.. Holy **** ****, Yes I put **** twice.Throw some of that money my way!
no **** ****!!!

this is along list bro!!! and btw as for the nos and other power adder...you can pick a supercharger or turbo and still run nos....be really careful though running nos as it can be dangerous for you, your car and your motor....
Old 11-08-2008, 12:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lemons12

ws6 grill inserts
battery relocator
boost controller
custom ecu
sunglasses
sunglasses mount
custom dome light
car tool kit/tool case
ANY reasonable weight reduction
radio codes
cd holder
ipod
custom glove compartment light
car cover
maps
car documentation
car manual
switchblade/butterfly/assisted opening knife
utility knife
sun reflector
jack stands etc
spike strips
license plate spray/cover
first aid kit
food box
fire extinguisher
fire exting mount
ls1 side scoops
exhaust flamethrower
custom roll cage
camera
two way radios
flashlight
batteries
police sticker
dvds
pepper spray
duck tape
racing gloves
kleenex
custom shift ****
condoms
custom weather stripping
custom emblems
ram air airbox
painted emblems
custom mirrors and stickers
timing change
valve covers
oil pan
custom alternator
turbo timer
fuel rail
oil catchcan
baton
towels
sun lotion
hand sanitizer
massage seat
night vision scope
windshield wipers
car fluids
steering wheel lock
shop vac
kill switch
magazines
custom ac and other *****
zipo
jumper cables
lug nuts
racing stripes
tire gauge

i just think you got a LITTLE carried away.......?
hahahaha you must have no life to sit here and think of all this stupid **** to put down....this is funny **** bro!!! keep it up
Old 11-08-2008, 01:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by jarretthise
hahahaha you must have no life to sit here and think of all this stupid **** to put down....this is funny **** bro!!! keep it up
i may have just misunderstood you.. but you do know that i didnt make that list correct?
Old 11-08-2008, 01:41 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RedneckTA
A lot of the things on here are meaningless to ask prices and brands for (i.e. floor mats, badges, etc). As far as the big mods go, do some research. A lot of things need to be in certain orders. The biggest thing I can tell you to do first is to let the car breath. Get your exhaust put on, get your intake put on, and consider putting a new intake manifold in (I'd recommend the F.A.S.T., but it's like 800 bucks, so an LS6 should be sufficient up to around 500-550 hp). Also, I didn't read the whole list, but if you didn't mention headers, throw some headers in their too. All of that needs to be done first before you can start thinking about prochargers and cams and things like that. Some people get lucky and put a cam or procharger in a stock engine and never have a problem, but those guys are bound to have problems down the road. Save your biggest mods for last.
He might even want to buy an ls1 before he buys a F.A.S.T. or LS6 intake.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

The throttle body bypass is a free mod that takes about 10 minutes. And you can get a used cold air intake for about $80 shipped.

It'd be nice if you actually cut the list down some to the major things you're going to do to the car. I started reading then got annoyed.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:50 AM
TECH Junkie

I have to admit, I got a good laugh out of this one.
I have been modding my car for the last 10 years, and I have not reached 10% of this list.
Having said that, I do wish you the best. I suggest that you make two lists. One should be a priority list; what is the most important to do first, etc. The second should be a performance vs. cost list; how can you gain the most performance per dollar spent. Merge those two and you may come up with a reasonable list of things to do.
Modding my car has been both a lot of fun and very frustrating (and it is still ongoing), and I wish you the best of luck.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

i agree DMH is the best cutout
Old 11-08-2008, 02:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey lt1-camo! funny running into you on youtube. The internet is a great place to find a good deal and I am sure you will find a GMMG soon.

Jarrethouse..I would hate to blow my motor or lose control after a big shot and crash...that would suck. Like I said no BIG shot of nitrous is in the works, just something for emergencies or for show. Has anybody else seen that short clip of the white trans am purging his nitrous right on a Civic??? Can we say STEAMED RICE!!!

I was the creator of that list and I will be the first to admit that i have no life right now. If you read some of my other threads you can read about how my car was out of commission for quite sometime...I love cars so All i had left to do was write about what I wanted to do...Yes, I took it to whole new extremes...THat is what a light case of OCD and a love of f-bodies will do to you ....It is getting a little cold here, let me go grab my straight jacket

The list was a not a joke per say, but a lot of it was supposed to be funny. I expected a lot of these responses, but if you can't be yourself on the internet on a car forum surrounded by people you don't even know...then how can you be yourself around anybody. LMAO!!!!

Bombebomb, that is another thing(ls1) to add to the list...i will fabricate an ls1 to put on top of my lt1. thus quadrupling my horsepower. that combined with some NOS stickers will set me well on my way to running 8's in the 1/4....on street tires! Thanks.

countedout, where are these $80 CAI you speak of? are they any good? Thanks for the info on the TB bypass mod.

koolaid kid, glad you got a good laugh as that was partly my intention to make it so ridiculous you have to say to your self "what the...". Thanks for crushing my dream though! 10 years!!! I was hoping to have all of this on my car by next week
In all seriousness I really like the two list idea. Thanks for the help. I really do appreciate it!

trans am ws697, the DMH is sounding better and better. Nice color on your TA too.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by brucealmighty744
countedout, where are these $80 CAI you speak of? are they any good? Thanks for the info on the TB bypass mod.
So I re-read the list and I'm just now realizing that alot of it was a joke. And some of the stuff is pretty funny. But anyway.

Go to the parts classifieds and look around. Give it a couple days, but one will pop up for sure. If not make a thread in the parts wanted section (actually this mite be a good idea for alot of the parts you have). I picked up a Moroso CAI on here for $75 shipped with a filter. I almost bought a Airfoil and CAI (no filter) for $40 shipped from another member. You'll be surprised at the deals you can find on used parts.

You should be able to do the TB Bypass while your car is out of commission. It will give you something to do.

Quick Reply: Starting the MODS! How am I doing?