Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like mine
Old 01-06-2009, 09:44 PM
12 Second Club

I mixed my stock mounts with a poly trans mount for a long time before i did poly engine mounts. When i pulled my old motor mounts they looked like mad mikes. I never experienced any problems or vibrations. I did follow the write up on here when installing the trans mount which I believe prevented a lot of the issues attributed with using the mount. The write up included grinding the bump off the mount and not using that spacer/plate they include. I'm sure you could get away with using the plate they include if you have an adjustable tq arm to readjust the pinion angle afterwords.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Formula350
Don't believe me, that's fine LOL

The original threads with all the information were deleted since Energy isn't a sponsor, but here's the only bit of info I can provide (which can actually aid this thread now that I re-read it!)

This is the dude, but he hasn't been on the forums since 7-2008. Though his email could still be tied with the forum and if you PM him, he may get it I don't think he got back to me though on hooking me up with motor and trans mounts though But it's been a long time, so I don't remember if he got back to me or not.

EDIT: Actually now that I think about it, maybe it was REMOVING the shim that fixed the problem... "NOTE: WHEN INSTALLING- YOU MUST USE SUPPLIED BASEPLATE." and by Shim, I mean Baseplate.
like i said man i wasn't disagreeing i just didn't see how it made since to only be a camaro issue and not a firebird issue.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MadMike 97 Z28
like i said man i wasn't disagreeing i just didn't see how it made since to only be a camaro issue and not a firebird issue.
I know, it doesn't make a particle of sense But, it came from an Energy Sus. engineer's mouth heh He was looking for Camaro owners to do a bunch of testing and was handing out free mounts, that's when the admins put the hammer down and closed the threads
Old 01-07-2009, 09:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just get the Prothane kit. Engine and trans mounts, do all three or do none at all. No issues here, you don't have to modify the prothane trans mount, just install them and go, good stuff. I haven't really noticed any amount of vibration, hell it probably is better considering how shot the stock mounts were I pulled out of the car. I probably could have pulled my old trans mount in half.

Quick Reply: poly mount opinions please