LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Fans not working

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fans not working

Just did the cam swap, car is heating up a little bit and I don't think the fans are coming on. I let it get hot enough to kick on the low speed and nothing so I turned on the AC and nothing that I can see. I shut it off and attempted to put it in Field Service Mode, not sure if I actually accomplished it or not but either way the fans didn't kick on. They were working before the cam swap, maybe a bad ground?? Where is the ground strap for the cooling fans??
Old 01-11-2009, 11:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wonder if you did not bend one of the prongs when you pluged the fans back in? Did you AC work before? I found out that if there is not enough freon in the system the fans won't kick on (when you turn on the AC).
Old 01-12-2009, 01:19 AM
Launching!

i feel you on this one i im having the same problem and i have done everything beside change the water pump
Old 01-12-2009, 09:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

I reserviced my AC it is working fine but the fans aren't coming on, I am kind of curious if the guage is reading incorrectly. When I had my heads hot tanked it doesn't look like they removed the temp sensor so I wonder if that could have possibly screwed it up. I would like to find a way to see what my sensors are reading in real time without spending a lot of money on a good scan tool. Can you look at all of those parameters with datalogging software??