LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Need help finding hood inserts and ram air box

Old 02-04-2009, 11:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need help finding hood inserts and ram air box

I'm about to order a 4 inch ram air hood from VFN but they don't have hood inserts or ram air boxes. So can someone point me in the direction to find the inserts and a ram air box? I know suncoast has the ram air boxes but they're like $350...a little more than I was hoping to pay. Oh and this is for a 94 TA. Mostly interested in finding the inserts but I'm considering the box too. Or an LS1 setup. Thanks guys.

Zach
Old 02-05-2009, 07:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by za355tx
I'm about to order a 4 inch ram air hood from VFN but they don't have hood inserts or ram air boxes. So can someone point me in the direction to find the inserts and a ram air box? I know suncoast has the ram air boxes but they're like $350...a little more than I was hoping to pay. Oh and this is for a 94 TA. Mostly interested in finding the inserts but I'm considering the box too. Or an LS1 setup. Thanks guys.

Zach
The suncoast and SLP (stock ram box) are pretty much interchangeable, but good luck finding one for cheap as they are very hard to come by. Check Ebay or the classifieds as everytime I see one come up they always end up going for like 200-300. As to the inserts just keep looking as well as it seems they are harder to come by these days.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I some some pretty cheap ones on craigslist awhile back. In the chicago area

Search this Thread