LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

OTVC and CCPerformance....

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 05:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OTVC and CCPerformance....

So while performing some upgrades on my most recent car project, one of the items I decided to purchase was an OTVC kit along with my ceramic longtubes. I did lots of searching on here and the common practice was the Taylor OTVC kit from Thunderracing. So I purchased the kit.

BIG MISTAKE! Wasted 117 bucks! The wires looked cheap to me, fit on the plugs poorly, and cutting/crimping/sizing/etc... was the biggest pain in the *** I have ever come across! And this is coming from an ex-mechanic!

I decided to search on here more extensivly and came across CCPerformance.com. They make PRE-FIT MSD 8.5mm wires for $100 even shipped to your door. I decided to give them a try and couldn't be happier. The wires looked better, fit better, and didnt require any of the cutting and fitting crap as the Taylor's did. All that for an equal price.

In fact, I actually recieved an incorrect coil wire and emailed the owner and he made and sent me the correct one for no charge at all, didnt even require me to return the original one sent to me. Now that is customer service! I never write these kinda review things but just had to on this one.

I'd suggest to anybody looking to switch to OTVC wires to give CCPermormance.com a look. Save yourself some time and stress and get added looks and quality. Plus they have a lifetime guarantee that I can now feel comfortable trusting after dealing with the company.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:01 AM
Staging Lane

BTW, the username on here that I dealt with would be 99blancoSS
Old 02-07-2009, 06:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad to hear product testimonials and suggestions.

I went with the Taylor OTVC kit 5 years ago and didn't have any problems with it (beside it being a pain in the *** - I HATE cutting and crimping!). On my second build I'm canning the OTVC because I'm beginning to think it looks tacky, and I'll be doing the MSD 8.5mm like you said (routed in the stock locations).
Old 02-07-2009, 08:51 AM
12 Second Club

I went through the same thing you did with the taylors and I bought the kit from ccperformance and i couldn't be happier. These msd plug wires look to be 100x better quality then those taylors. The insulation and the connectors seem at a way better quality. I ohmed them out and they averaged out 43 ohms/ ft vs the taylor's 2000 ohm per foot. Plus there is a lifetime guarantee on the plug wires who else is going to offer that. I would also put a vote in for ccperformance.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:33 AM
TECH Resident

Big big vote for CCperformance and 99blancoss here. He was very helpful and shipped my OTVC wires fast. I couldnt be happier with them. The MSD wires look really tough and well made and everything fits great. I mean the guy offers a lifetime guarantee so your golden! Why would you go with anyone else? Everybody knows MSD rules.

Last edited by moderate Z28; 02-07-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Geez thanks guys, I'd have to say I'm slightly over whelmed with the kindness of your words. I really do try hard and I'm glad it shows and makes me feel very good right now having been recognized for it. Thank you, thank you very much
Old 02-07-2009, 12:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree about the Taylor wires being cheap. I originally ordered them and then got fed up with crimping the Opti ends, and bought a set of cut-to-length MSD wires (I didn't know CCPerformance made them pre-cut for OTVC routing or I would have bought them!)

As for it looking tacky, I don't think it does at all. If you do it right and choose the right colors, it looks really really good.

Quick Reply: OTVC and CCPerformance....